Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What would Llyn do?


.

Llyn

.

The 1967 Year Book

.

Good Morning Friends,

.

today is Tuesday March 16, 2010

.

Well, I hope we spelled your name correctly Llyn. That is the way she looks in the Yearbook anyhow. Never seen that before. Anyway, here we are on Tuesday in the middle of March 2010. Had a fairly successful day yesterday friends. I did one of those really satisfying things, which for me is going to the dump, or the " transfer station " as it is euphemistically known. That's right, another load of household garbage bit the dust and a nice healthy load she was indeed. You have to get there at the right time too you know, otherwise you have to pay the commercial rates, which is double the charge. Fortunately, I glanced at my watch just as I got to the site and it was five minutes after two, so we just beat the system by a hair line. Lucky me eh? Well, after unloading the pile of junk I quickly made my way to McDonald's and had a McDouble and a coffee. This is the restaurant in Port Kells which I have highlighted on these pages in the past. You can see a picture of the rather small establishment below, small by McDonald's standards that is.



Isn't she a honey of a restaurant? Cute and cozy that is the way I think of this little baby. Oh, did I forget to tell you that it was free coffee at McDonald's for the first two weeks in March? How about in your neck of the woods, was it the same thing? Lucky you if it was. But, it is all over now so it doesn't matter anyway.

.Still more fireworks in the Middle East eh? Boy oh boy that Netanyahu doesn't miss a beat. I told you he was bad news way back when just as he took over as prime minister. He is a hawk and he is quite dangerous as you can see. I guess he thinks little or nothing of the Palestinians and is not afraid to put the so-called Peace Plan in jeopardy. But, that is par for the course for guys like him. Just don't ever say I did not tell you so. I think the whole thing is bogus anyway. I mean, insulting the United States while Joe Biden is visiting the country. Do you buy into that crap? Was it just a big mistake and an untimely event? Biden caught off guard. Well, nothing in the Middle East that has anything to do with Israel is not planned or done without the best interests of Israel in mind. Israel knows that and the United States knows that too. Israel will keep on building settlements in the manner and time of its choosing. I mean, come on. Get real. It has been doing what it has been doing for over sixty years so what makes you think it is going to stop now? Little by little are they taking over all of the lands in the occupied territories. That is the goal anyway. They want to control and inhabit all of the land and they want the Palestinians to simply disappear from the face of the earth. I thought you guys knew all of this stuff. It is such a joke to watch.

.So, Llyn what do you think of all of this Timothy Geithner nonsense? Pretty weird crap eh? I mean, Geithner was right in the thick of things when everything was coming down. He was the New York Fed remember? So, that means that he should have known a lot of things and been responsible for the general condition of things among the banks. I think the whole thing is a joke anyway. These bankers, like I have told you a million times, do not want to give up their power. Sure, the politicians make a big show about reforming the system, but what happens in the end? When the lobbyists get in there and manipulate the politicians and even write the laws that means that nothing is going to change. Somehow the bankers always manage to keep things the same. Weird isn't it how these politicians in charge of change and in keeping the system safe always manage to run into some kind of an obstacle. You know what I mean, there was resistance here or some problem there. And, besides even in spite of everything that happened the industry can manage itself and the Fed is the best possible entity to regulate the banks anyway. Heard that one before? Well, think about it. In spite of all of the negative flak that Bernanke got he is still in the saddle and doing a second stint now isn't he? Well, that should be your main clue right there friends. I am certainly not holding my breath that anything of any consequence will develop under Obama's watch. Two things of importance and nothing is happening. These two things are peace in the Middle East a la Israel and Palestine and reform of the financial system. Pardon me while I puke.

.So, if you are still out there and kicking Llyn I hope you can see what I am talking about. I don't know what you would do, but I know what I would do. Get the Fed the hell out of there that's what. Who ever thought the world would be this complicated? Or, is it just so simple and no one can see that? I wonder now. Anyhow, not much on the agenda today except that I am taking the truck in for an oil change. So, that will be fun I suppose. Talk to you all later and have a nice day.

.