Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Alaskan Conspiracy Continued....

.
.
.
Governor Sarah Palin
( Dream girl number One )
.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Wednesday March 10, 2010
.


" There are two kinds of people who live in Alaska. The ones who were born here and the ones who come here to escape something else. " ( 1:41:50 ) From the Movie " Insomnia " ( Warner Brothers DVD )
.
Well, like I told you yesterday friends I was going to watch the DVD " Insomnia. " And, that is what I did. I watched a bit yesterday and then polished it off today. The movie as you may recall forms part of my latest Alaskan Conspiracy. This is all rather simple friends so don't get alarmed. It is just that my dream girl lives in those parts, and well, anytime the word Alaska enters my life it just has an effect on me - a big effect. Why, just seeing an Alaskan license plate here in Vancouver can get me going. Curiously though, while I was shopping on Monday I purchased this video with two movies on it. One was called " Devils Advocate " and the other is " Insomnia " and both of them have Al Pacino playing starring roles. I think Devils Advocate is the better movie, but that is neither here nor there because just the word Alaska has a special meaning for me.
.
When I started watching the movie " Insomnia " I asked myself if this thing was not actually filmed right here in British Columbia. The scenery looked quite like something that you would find in this Province. And, B.C. and Alaska would have many similarities anyway so that would make sense to me. And, not only that, Vancouver is a big movie and television production center, so it would not be too far out of line to have scenes shot right here in British Columbia somewhere. And, sure enough if you wait for the credits at the end of the film you will see where the movie was filmed. The locations listed are: Vancouver, Squamish, Port Alberni, Stewart, B.C. and aerial photography from Alaska. Interesting eh?
.
Do you see how the conspiracy works though - my particular conspiracy? I mean, the whole film is about a seventeen year girl who experiences foul play and about a cop with a troubled history as well. But, the main point of course is that it is about a seventeen year girl - in Alaska. And, that in a nutshell is what my life is all about, or has been for over 25 years. Weird eh? And, do you remember when I took my trip up to Squamish last September? Part of the film was done there you know. Remember this, me sitting in my car in Squamish. Is this part of the conspiracy? You decide.
.



Here is another link to a post I did about that trip up to Squamish: My Recent Trip to Juneau and Alaska Or, how about this post? Juneau, Alaska is the morning side of the mountain
Well, that is what the whole thing is all about friends. Just one big beautiful conspiracy. Life is sure great when you have all of this momentum and reminders of things that a guy is interested in. And, that is why conspiracies can be positive things, ego boosters in fact. They don't have to be evil all of the time like in politics. No way. You know what I was thinking right now? Take a look at my opening quote, from the movie. Think about it. If that is what Alaska is all about, then why am I not living in Alaska, or in another place with the same attributes? Do you think I qualify for being a resident there, based on that description, I mean? I have a pretty unusual life don't you think, so shouldn't I be living in some far away exotic place? How come Alaskans get all the breaks anyway? How come they get to run away and I can't? Anyhow, thanks for sharing my fantasy with me this morning and have a nice day. And, don't forget: racing is only three days away at the Meadowlands in New Jersey. Post time is 1600 hrs West Coast Time.
.
.