Sunday, March 21, 2010

What would Judy do?



.
.

Judy

.

The 1967 Year Book

.

Good Morning Friends,

.

today is Sunday March 21, 2010

.

Looks like we are back to the rain and some unsettled weather friends. That is OK, because I got out and about in the unit yesterday and made my way out to the track. The top was down in the convertible and it was great in the sunshine and the high overcast sky. It was pleasantly warm out too. I did not win any money at the races, but like they say, have the fun is getting there. How did you like that one?

.So, up above is yet another picture of one of my female classmates from way back in the year 1967. Her name is Judy as you can see. And, I am asking her the question which I have been posing for quite some time on these pages, namely " What would so and so do? " I am wondering what Judy would do if she were me and if she was pondering just what it is that she is good at. I would be asking, what is my specialty and why was I born? What is my mission I guess is the best way to put the question.

.Well, I guess we are going to have to start by figuring out what I am good at, and not so good at all at the same time. Actually, there are a ton of questions that we could be looking at here, but we don't have all day so I am going to have to get down to the bottom of things quickly so as not to bore my readers and make them sleepy with displeasure. The first thing that you have to know about me is that I am not like the other people; I am simply different. So, why don't we start right there. I mean, if you know me, you will know that I hold attitudes and beliefs which are not entirely mainstream. I don't think I am ever going to get married and I am a big and constant critic of the ' system '. Based on this differentiation from my peers though, I think you will find that I have indeed progressed differently than my peers. Now, I use the word ' progress ' with some caution here as you may appreciate. Let us just say that I have survived differently than most other people and progressed in my own way and in my own good time. How do you like that for an explanation?

.Now, if you take me apart you will notice that I have the same kinds of dreams and hopes and aspirations as most other people. Actually, I am a relative success of sorts when you break me down and start examining me. I mean, financially, I am not a complete mess, without going into details of course, and I am not living in a cardboard box somewhere. I feel free and I act free in this regard and I am generally happy with my station in life. So, that means that I must have been doing something right all along, whereas others may have not been so lucky. These are the good things of course.

.On the hopeful front some of my big dreams are becoming a novelist or even a politician. These are my two big aspirations actually. I like power and politics and I try to understand it and find out who the big players are and why they are where they are. I have kind of come to the conclusion though that most of these politicians are not very nice characters, however. Some are just serving a select interest group and not much more than that. A lot of them have been bought have and have succumbed to the system, the system of money buying off politicians. I think that is the great problem with the U.S. for example. The whole damn system is corrupt and that is why the little people are going nowhere. The system is designed currently for the rich, big players and their paid off politicians. That is why it is good to see real progressive politicians fighting for the little guy. And, there are so few of them in America. You can probably count them on your left hand. And, that is an indication of how corrupt the system has become. So, if I was to enter the political fray you just know that I would be a bit player and some kind of person with extreme views. But, I would be happy as hell fighting the system let me tell you.

Another of my big ideas is writing. I like writing stuff on my blog and I would like to produce some big famous novel that everybody thinks is some kind of masterpiece that will change the world. I don't think that is going to happen because in all of these years I have not really got started on anything. The other part of my writing ambitions though might produce better results for me. I am talking about the short essay and putting together a coherent piece of work that could influence people. I think this is one of the finest things that a person can do. And, that is to get his thoughts down on paper in the most imaginative and effective way that he can muster up. I think this is one of the greatest ego trips that man can bestow upon himself and that is trying to influence public opinion. I believe that this is one of my best possible hopes for success in all of my areas of interest.

.On the love side of things as you can see I am just a hopeless romantic and this is not going to go anywhere at all. It is a lot of fun though living in the past and remembering things, the good things if you know what I mean. Actually, this is another one of my strong points and another possible area of success for me. I know what the good parts of life are and I know that you have to appreciate what you have experienced and make the best of that memory. Experiences come along and you just have to appreciate them for what they are. But, out of those experiences you have to be able to appreciate the beauty of life and what it has to offer. Life has offered you experiences and it is up to each one of us to appreciate the significance of each one of them and to savour the moment so to speak. Experience is really what life is all about. It is nothing more than that.

.So, finally, hopefully now, you can see what I really want to do. I like philosophy a lot and I think this is possibly my strongest area. Philosophy is reflection and I do a lot of that. This is what I am good at and I am a real expert. I do a lot of thinking and dreaming and that kind of thing. So, this is what I am good at and I see this area as my strongest sector and place where I can find the most success. So, see what a bit of reflection can do for you friends? It can help you out and make you understand what you are and what you are good at. Surely, we are all good at something. It just takes a little bit of time to find out what it is that is all. So, as you can see even though I am different I do have some things going for me. So, just what would Judy do? Well, I hope that she will do exactly what I just did, and that is to examine her life and find out what she is good at and what makes her happy all at the same time.