Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bringing home the bacon....



.

.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Wednesday March 17, 2010
.
.
Well, I have to get off my butt sooner or later friends. I am not a self-made millionaire you know. I have to get out there and slug it out like the rest of you guys. Thankfully though, my slug fest is of a rather short term variety if you know what I mean.
.
Anyhow, it is back on the case today and dealing with the world and all of its people. I pretty well have got people figured out by now. People are kind of like things that you hate and love all at the same time. Rather like dealing with one's own self if you know what I mean. Think about it. Sometimes you feel good about yourself and your station in life and then the next thing you know you are questioning yourself and wondering who you are and why you are where you are and all manner of crazy, introspective things. Like how do you fit into the economic and social system and that kind of thing? I think we contemplate these things and it shows up in our behaviours as well. And, that is why I suppose when I see people walking on the street or driving their cars, well, that is when I just know that they are all like me, more or less. They are struggling to survive and to get by in the best way that they know how.
.
And, so today I am back in the thick of things, back home with my fellow man and making a living. That is our destiny friends. Slugging it out and bringing home the bacon. Working for a living. One of God's gifts to mankind. Work. Thank you dear God for this majestic gift. And, actually don't criticize God too much because He is doing the very best that He can under the circumstances. Think about it. If God created man as they say He did in the Bible then this is the way things are supposed to be. He created a bunch of people that have to eat and sleep and reproduce and do just about everything else that you can a imagine a human being does to survive. So, God didn't do too badly at all when you break it all down. I mean, the earth's resources are limited and man must either learn to live and work with his fellow man or fight it out and try and knock the other guy off and take all of his things. If you take a look at society I think you will find that there is a bit of both going on. Man is social and political and he is able to create functioning societies. But, he is also aggressive and acquisitive - and greedy. That is where wars and conflict come from. Earth can be a really ugly place in which to do business in if you happen to be born or land in one of the wrong places.
.
So, when I jump into the unit this morning and mingle with my fellow man and make a buck I know that I am one of the lucky ones. Bringing home the bacon in these parts is a fairly straight forward affair. It is organized and it is social. Oh, there may be some competitive aspects to the whole thing, but for the most part it is humane and fair and well, just plain workable. Be happy if you live in a place like I do. An organized, relatively safe environment is a pretty nice gift from God when you think about it. Some guys just are not so lucky. They don't get to philosophize as much as I get to do. Their idea of bringing home the bacon might just be picking up a spear and fighting off a foreign invader or hunting down another human and then having him for dinner. Be thankful wherever you are and think about yourself and your station in life. You just might be as happy as I am after you do that. And, then again, you might not be. Bringing home the bacon is a lot of different things to a lot of different people.
.