Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Thursday basics....


.

.

Maple Ridge, Spring 2009

.

Good Morning Friends,

.

today is Thursday March 18, 2010

.

Yesterday at work started out slow, but then quickly transformed itself into decent day. My main focus of activity turned out to be in Maple Ridge. The picture above is a snap from last year of the downtown area of Maple Ridge. It is neat going to the Ridge now, especially with the new Golden Ears Bridge. You don't have to drive all the way around to the Port Mann and then back east again. And, if you are on the north side of the Fraser it is easier to get the Ridge as well since they have built a new bridge over the Pitt River as well. So, things are improving a bit for the courier in the outlying areas anyway.

.The weather was decent enough and it is supposed to be nice and sunny for the next couple of days, and even into racing day which is Saturday. That will be nice for the sports car driving of course. Racing is two days away, but I am always planning ahead when it comes to my weekend entertainment though. If I am in the Cloverdale area, for example I will try and pop in and buy a form for Saturday. They are usually ready two days in advance so the girls tell me. It is better to phone ahead though just to make sure. Especially if you are thinking of making a special trip that is. But, this morning I will pretty close to Cloverdale and I just might pop in. But, it will be in the early part of the day and they might not be ready, so it would pay for me to phone ahead, even if I am in the area and it is early like I say.

.The Paralympics are still on in Vancouver and there is quite a bit of advertising going on about that. I made it into the downtown core late in the day yesterday and there were no traffic hassles at all. It was certainly nothing like the regular part of the Olympics that is for sure. There seemed to be lots of fresh snow on the mountains and it was very pretty out when you looked to the north. Not much else to report or comment upon, except to remind my friends and acquaintances about the racing schedule on the weekend. Weather permitting the Meadowlands Racetrack will be cranking up at 1600 hrs local time if you are interested. So, if you are my friend or acquaintance and you are popping into town from out of town well, you know how to get a hold of me. I hope you can all see now the kind of things that I think about on a Thursday. These are the Thursday basics I guess you could say. So, thanks for checking in guys and talk to you all tomorrow.

.