Saturday, March 13, 2010

Relax and be happy....


.

Good Morning Friends,

.

today is Saturday March 13, 2010

.

Don't know what the weather is like where you are friends, but I am guessing it is sort of cloudy out and maybe even raining. But, I do not know for sure because I have not looked outside yet. It just feels kind of gloomy that is all. I did hear though that it was supposed to be sunny out today. So, maybe I can lower the top down on the car while on the way out to the track. All of that remains in the future of course, so it is best that I not get too excited about anything just yet.

.Yes, indeed it is another racing day, the kind of thing that we live for. Do you guys know anybody else like me, you know, someone who lives week by week just waiting for the track to get going? Well, maybe you do and then again, maybe you don't. It doesn't necessarily have to be horse races you know, I mean, it could be something like Bingo or some other sports activity. I mean, it could be just about anything old thing at all. Maybe it is some lover that you see once a week ,or maybe some family member. Who knows what it could be. It is just something that you look forward to and it is something that is providing meaning for you and a reason to live.

.Now, don't get me started on this living business because you know how I feel about that kind of thing. You already know how lucky we all are to be alive so I don't want to go there today. Just be thankful that you are alive and that you can still enjoy whatever it is that you still enjoy. I think that is probably the big message for all of us when you get right down to it. You know, life is so basic it is just maddening now isn't it? I mean, there are a just a few things that really count and that is why it boggles my mind that a place like the United States, for example, has to be so involved in so many other parts of the world - and in a negative sort of way. Just how many wars and how many spheres does a guy really need to be engaged in anyway? Just how many interests does one need to protect? Well, you can see where I am going with that one so I had better stop right there. You know, I have met quite a few Americans and they are just like us Canadians at root. The ones that I associated with didn't talk much about war in any great detail. Many of them were just plain old folksy too, if you know what I mean. And, the rest, well, they were just trying to survive like the rest of us. They were involved in enjoying life and in accumulating things just like all of us do. But, in the background of course was their government. I guess that institution is always in the background. More recently, however, they seem to be having a much greater influence than before. I haven't been down to the States for quite a few years now so I don't really know how the common people are feeling and reacting to their government. I do remember though how angry some of them were on my last big road trip, and that was many moons ago now. I think that was in the eighties or the nineties, maybe even the seventies. So far back anyway. You could see it in their behavior. I am going back quite a few years now like I said, but I remember that one incident, it was on a California road I think it was, the Pacific Highway on the way to San Francisco. A guy seemed upset with the system and I could sense it in his driving behavior; he was fighting the system; he was angry. I noticed others too with the very same disposition. And, that was decades ago. Why, the way the government has grown and expanded I bet you there are a lot more angry people out there. I am only guessing of course since I have not been down to the States for a very long time like I just told you. But, I think my hunch would be a pretty good one, especially when you look at the effects of the financial crisis that I keep hearing about and reading on the internet. There must be a lot more unhappy people down there now. I think I could put some serious money on that.

.Anyhow, not to belabor the point, so let us try and cheer things up a bit. And, that goes for my American friends as well. I hope you are going to try and find something to do that makes your life come alive for you, whatever it is that takes your mind off of the negative things, that is. For me that is racing, harness racing in the Great State of New Jersey. What a wonderful pastime this is let me tell you. Well, if you are a fan you already know what the excitement is all about anyway. So, if you are my friend or acquaintance you know where I will be at post time which is 1600 hrs.If you are in town and need a ride you know how to contact me. And, remember: Relax and be Happy 'cause it's a horsey day!

.

A nice mellow oldies station for you

.

.