Thursday, January 14, 2010

The threat on the net....


.
.


.

.

Good Morning Friends,
.

.

today is Thursday January 14, 2010

.

Still fairly slow at work and still raining too. It is supposed to cool down a bit and snow a little more on the local mountains as well. I guess that is good for Whistler and the Olympics too, if the snow hangs around, I mean.

.

I haven't had any decent dreams lately, or dreams that I can remember at least. It is always fun to have a dream that perks you up and makes you happy you know. Those are the best kind of all. But, I as I report to you on this day, none has come around and given my life a little boost. So, I suppose that means that we will just have to go with reality and the things that are in front of us. And, as I am reporting to you now the general pattern of things is a business slowness, combined with all of the other things which influence my life.

.

Most of the other things that influence my life are those things which I read and see on the internet. That is my source of information and reality you know. That's right, the internet is where most of my sensing takes place. The internet is my television and my main source of data entering my brain. It is better than television of course mostly because I get to choose the kind of information that I am confronted with. It is an on demand kind of information. And, that is the way I like things to be. I quit watching television full time quite a few years ago now. Sure, I watch video clips found on the net, but only those that are important to me. I am not glued to this or that television station. I am not chained down and they cannot force me to stay and indoctrinate me. That's right, I escaped their grip quite a while ago and I am still on the run so to speak. But, they are an eager and aggressive lot those media types are. They do not stop and they find ways to seek you out and enter your mind. Yes, indeed friends, even on the internet you get little pieces of the mainstream media. It is just a different sort of experience that is all.

.

The main thing about the net is the vast amount of information available. Tons of it. So many things to fathom and to separate in your mind. It is not really possible to get a grip on the whole thing you know. Sure, I can get some good information, untainted and all the rest. You know, things that I am interested in learning more about. But, my main problem I guess is that I am interested in mainly political things. And, that means that there is an inherent risk right there. Where does the risk come from? It comes from the fact that people are constantly trying to indoctrinate you or make you come around to their way of thinking. And, that is why the net, although a wealth of information, is also a place of great risk.

.

The main problem with the net is the overwhelming amount of information. And, included in that information is something called disinformation. That is the big threat on the net. Some people never stop lying or trying to propagandize you. Or, even censor you by not giving you certain information. It is hard to protect yourself and come out a winner you know. And, that is mostly because of human nature I guess. Everyone wants to promote their own self interests or act on the behalf of others, which in turn serves their interests of course. So, I guess if you have discovered this feature of the net then you are on your way to being educated. But, if you are stuck in mainstream media or television mode then this thought would never even enter your mind. So, why not take the plunge and get unplugged and at least feel a new sense of challenge. That is what the net is you know. Just another battleground. But, at least you know it is a battleground, whereas, on television you do not even have the pleasure of knowing who your enemies are. Have a nice day and don't forget racing at the Meadowlands in only a couple of days.