Friday, January 15, 2010

Bankers, betting, and birthdays....


.

.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Friday January 15, 2010
.
.
Finally it is Friday and the end of the week. Nothing much happening at work and we are still in the January doldrums I guess. It is continuing to be very rainy out and I am sure there will flooding in certain areas. There always is when the rain comes down in buckets. Supposed to be a bit cooler for a tiny spell and then it looks like back to more rain. The snow level will be coming down a bit so I suppose that it is good news for the Olympic people.
.
I watched this interview on Bill Moyers Journal yesterday and boy oh boy, no wonder nothing ever happens in the States. The people just keep on getting shafted by the financial industry. These guys really do have a lot of power my friends. Just check out this interview and see why there really is no hope in America for any kind of meaningful change in government and politics. The bottom line? Money and lobbyists. That's what. The little guy doesn't stand a chance. I don't know why he doesn't just give up since his elected officials are actually working for somebody else. I knew this kind of stuff already, I just didn't know much about the details or how hidden things are from the public. If there is no real oversight or real law to protect consumers then what is the sense of even playing the game when it is so lop sided?
.
I guess that is why I am in love with harness racing. Everything is up front and easy to see. Oh, I am not trying to say the thing is perfect, but it looks like a lot better game than the kind of politics that is played in the States. At least I can win a race once in a while. Can the citizens of the U.S. say that about their government and the kind of deal they are getting? I don't think so. I think everybody should be horse players like me. At least you will feel good once in a while and walk out of the track with a bunch of dough in your pocket. If that doesn't make you feel good then nothing will. Racing tomorrow at the Meadowlands in New Jersey. Post time is 1600 hours here on the West Coast. See you there if you are coming.
.
P.S. my birthday is coming up on the fifth of next month and I was thinking of pumping out another wedding proposal to kind of boost my ego a bit. You know, the big dream, the huge fantasy. What do you think of that idea? I mean, wouldn't that be something if she said " Yes " on my birthday? Boy oh boy, that would be just as exciting as winning at the track - and maybe even more so. Well, it is just a thought if you know what I mean.
.