Thursday, January 7, 2010

A botched attack?....



.
.

.

Good Morning Friends,

.

today is Thursday January 7, 2010

.

Looks like the stock market is already starting to weaken up eh? I don't think any of the pundits expect it to be gang busters anyway. Actually, any gains that we make at all are a bonus as far as I am concerned. I am not expecting much if you want the truth of the matter. I would be happy with a 6 % gain or so by the end of the year. I mean, when you add everything up, we should just be lucky to be alive the way events are being played out on the world scene. Wars everywhere and crushing economies all over the place do not really help out the bottom line if you know what I mean. Like they say wars are not good things for stock markets.

.

I guess I have to mention this little detail from work even though I said to myself that I wouldn't. And, I should have taken a picture as well and I did not do that either. I suppose it was just the pressure of the moment as to why I did not. Anyway, I was making this delivery to this place out in Port Coquitlam. I backed into a parking space and started to walk toward the service entrance and check things out. There was a little bird huddled in the corner by the door entrance. It was a pigeon if I recall. I was wondering why he was sitting there and not moving away from me. It did move a bit if I recall. I walked inside and make contact with someone who would be able to receive the goods. When I came back outside the bird was gone. But, not too far off to the right of me, about ten feet or so was another bird. It was sitting on the side walk and not moving at all. Now, that was really strange. It looked like an owl or a little hawk. It was brownish if I recall and not really that big either. And, then it struck me that it must be a fake bird, you know how they have birds sitting on rooftops to scare away other birds from not congregating in the area and leaving their droppings and that kind of thing. So I thought the bird was not real. But, sitting on the sidewalk to a store entrance? Well, that was very strange. I took a closer look at the bird. It was actually moving, but only slightly. Other people entered the scene and one girl said that it was a hawk. She had already phoned the wildlife people to come and help it out. We all agreed that it was not a good idea to touch the bird as that would be very dangerous indeed. So, what happened here? One girl said that the hawk was in shock and that is why he was not moving. He was just sitting there with his head hung down. Just sitting with no intention of not moving at all. The only thing that I could think of was that maybe he stunned himself in an attack on the pigeon. Maybe he banged into a wall or something. And, maybe that little pigeon that I saw hunkering down in the corner nearby was just lucky to be alive. Maybe this was just a botched attack by the little hawk. That is what I thought about the whole thing anyway. It was just really strange that is all.

.

Don't forget friends. Racing at the Meadowlands in New Jersey on Saturday. So, see you there if you are planning to be around in these parts. This message for my friends and acquaintances of course.

.