Saturday, January 2, 2010

The phony war and making a buck at the track...



.
.


.


.

Good Morning Friends,

.

today is Saturday January 2, 2010

.

.

It was kind of brutally rainy and windy out yesterday friends, and we lost our power as well. First time this year so I guess that is the upside to the whole thing. I hope you all had a great New Year's Day and welcome once again to 2010. It is good to be alive now isn't it? Just think of all of the forces working against us and of our ability to breathe and carry on. Do you ever think of all of the people dying in the Middle East because of the illegal wars and the associated results, like the current string of suicide bombings? I do all of the time. The Middle East is being invaded and attacked by the West and that is why things are as they are. Divide and conquer and let confusion rule the day. That is the strategy as I see things anyway.

.

But, we are somewhat sheltered here in the West and we do not have to worry about terrorism and even engaging personally in war. We pay people to do that. The wars are distant things and do not affect us directly and our personal safety is relatively assured. Oh, you might have to endure some airport delays and the like but the possibility of an attack is very remote indeed. You might as well pray to be hit by lightening if you want the same effect. Sure, there was 9/11, but we still don't know who did that because they are afraid to conduct a real investigation. Again, I don't know if you guys think about that kind of stuff, but I sure do. I don't think 19 Arabs did it actually because they did not have the ability to do so. Read up about this event on the web and see what you think about all of the fascinating details associated with the attack. Seems like a lot of planning going on if you ask me. And, after you have done some investigating and watched a few videos, ask yourself why Afghanistan and Iraq were invaded " illegally ". And, then ask yourself why there is all of this trouble in Pakistan and why the U.S. continues to surround Russia and why Israel and the U.S. continue to hound Iran. I think you will find that there is more going on there than meets the eye. And, the problem with the whole mess of course is that the mainstream media will not even give us an objective view of the whole thing. They just concentrate on the bombings and the terrorists. The terrorists that are everywhere and out to get us. It is just all so depressing now isn't it? And, that is why God invented harness racing, so we can take our minds off of things like war and bombings and terrorists....

.

So, that gets us back to the races and sanity. Yesterday was opening day at the Meadowlands in New Jersey. Meadowlands Racetrack - Home I made a profit of about a hundred bucks and left after the tenth race. My best and only win was in the second race which paid me 230 dollars for my one dollar bet. Remember, I only bet triactors so that makes things a little tougher as you might expect. You can see all of the results here for yesterday January 1, 2020: http://www.thebigm.com/results.asp?racedt=1/1/2010 And you can watch the replays in the following link. It is free to join up so watch a few races and see how the whole thing works. Meadowlands Racetrack on RaceReplays.com There were 13 races in all last night. I wanted to leave with a profit that is all and that is why I left early. Now, the system was working to a point and I had to work with the history of the horses racing at a track other than the Meadowlands. There were also lots of qualifying races in the history of the horses and I did not really know how to handle this information. These qualifying races in the horses' history cause me problems at the best of times because I do not know how good the horse is or what kind of shape he is in. For the most part I could have overlooked this data and just bet my system and the five horses that if produces. Another problem was that the drivers' standings were not there because this is the beginning of the meet. So, that means, I was only considering seven things and not eight like I normally would do. I would have another hundred dollars or so if I had bet a different way in the first race as well. My first four horses were in the money in that race. So, betting just slightly differently I would have won that race as well. I think I should consider myself lucky that the system was sort of working early on and that I got out with a hundred dollar profit. I mean look at the long shots that were coming in from from races six to nine. Read on....

.

Another interesting development is the Pick Four from races six to nine. They have a new feature and this pool will be guaranteed on Friday and Saturdays. 25,000 dollars on Friday and 50,000 dollars on Saturday. So, JUST pick the winners of those four races and you are off to the bank. There was only one winner for last night's Pick Four and the person won almost 68,000 dollars. I can see why there was only one winner though because weird horses were coming in. Check the payoffs above. And, that is why I decided to leave early and hang on to my money. But, now that they are guaranteeing this race it certainly looks interesting. Maybe I will set aside 20 dollars or so for this special feature. I don't think there will always be one winner and not always a string of long shots either. Racing doesn't work like that. Anyhow, if you are thinking about coming out I will show you how the whole thing works. This message for my friends and acquaintances only. And, don't forget if I have any serious wins I will detail those on the main part of my blog. Talk to you all later.

.