Sunday, January 3, 2010

Still raining....



.
.

.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Sunday January 3, 2010
.
.
You know, I almost wrote 2009 in for the date. I guess that is just human nature though to want to do something like that eh? I mean, it takes a bit of time to move into a new schedule right? Well, I think it does anyway. Have you ever wondered about that feature of man, that he is tied up in routine, I mean? I suppose it is one of his basic attributes when you think about it. You know, one of his survival skills so to speak. Man needs direction and security and these are the kinds of things that he is interested in and that is why he acts like he does.
.
It is still raining and relatively warm out. The warm part is the good part and the rain is the bad part. Why cannot all things be good I wonder and why do we always have to have these bad and good parts anyway? Just more stuff to worry about right? Well, if you are a worry wart like me then I guess the answer is yes. If you are just a person going about his business of living then the whole weather and climate thing should not be something that stresses you out. Things just are as they are and that is that. I guess the happy man is the man that accepts his fate and his circumstances as they appear in front of him. The weather is one of those things of course. Notice that all or most of us West Coast people are used to rain and it does not really bother us at all. We are used to it plain and simple. But, we all talk about it all of the time nonetheless. We might criticize it and complain, but there is nothing that we can really do about it though.
.
I think the weather makes us tougher and real human beings though. Real, in the sense of being creatures that are accepting of things for the way they are. Are you one of those creatures? Well, if you are not then you should be. Friends, I am talking about things like the weather that are not controllable, not about man made things; things that can or should be changed when conditions merit. See, you have to be a bit discriminating sometimes too. That helps I think, to know the difference between the changeable and non-changeable things, I mean. Some things we should accept and some things we should not. Like me, I do not accept a lot of things which bug me. And, a lot of things do bug me, political things for example. Things that need changing. Those kinds of things. Are you following me, sort of? Well, all I am saying friends is that it is a good thing to accept nature for what it is and just enjoy it, whatever it is because nature has the upper hand in many matters. But, we as humans do have some power though, the power to change certain things. I think the happy person spends some time examining these changeable things and then goes about setting his mind on changing them. I think that gives man a sense of power and power is a very important thing for the human animal. Do you agree? Well, just think about it a bit. We are all satisfied that we cannot change the weather and the like but we like to think that we have control and power in other areas. And, that is where our power comes from. We acknowledge the power of the elements and nature, but because man is so interested in fairness and justice and the like ( where did these things come from? ) he wants his own power too and I think that shows up in the behavior of man. My power and security was relatively intact in 2009. I was learning how to cope with my reality and then bang, 2010 comes along. Have I accepted it in its totality and have I found a way to deal with this change? Maybe the incessant rains threw me off and made me think I was still operating in 2009. That is possible you know because there was no change in circumstance between 2009 and 2010 if you are Mother Nature. She does not recognize or have the same kinds of problems or concerns that we humans have. And, that is why she can rain continually and think nothing of it at all. Have a nice day friends and talk to you all tomorrow, nature willing, that is.
.
.