Thursday, January 21, 2010

How is the snow looking?



.
.

.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Thursday January 21, 2010
.
.
Things were slightly improved for me at work, but not by much. It seems rather slow still in spite of the little improvement. The weather is still decent though; it is sunny and not very cold at all. I guess the thing that is on every one's mind around here is the condition of the snow levels in the mountains. There doesn't seem to be much on the local mountains, but I am sure there is plenty of snow up in Whistler. This photo that I am showing you today was taken in Port Kells yesterday right around the 1600 hrs mark. I have been packing my old Samsung digital 5 pixel with me lately trying to get you some snaps of the local mountains and snow conditions. This camera does take a much better picture than my BlackBerry, but you still have to understand that this work device is just so handy. For, I can quickly take a snap for you while I am stopped at a light. It is quick and easy to use. You might appreciate also that we have new mobile device laws here in British Columbia. You cannot be fiddling with anything while you are driving anymore. There are pretty hefty fines and you will get points on your license if caught as well. I think everyone appreciates the new law and understands why it was enacted. We are trying to save lives and that is a good thing. For example, I probably will not be answering my cell phone now while driving because it is unsafe and now illegal to do so. January is still a probationary period if caught. The real fines will start next month in February. Don't forget: racing at the Meadowlands in New Jersey on the weekend. Post time is 1600 hrs. See you there if you are coming.
.