Saturday, October 10, 2009

You want construction - c'mere, I'll show you construction...

.
.
.
.
McDonald's drive thru in White Rock, B.C.
.
.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Saturday October 10, 2009
.
.
It was another beautiful sunny day yesterday friends, just like today. Check out our webcams for the evidence of that fact:
.
.
I have been talking quite a bit in these pages about the construction that we, as couriers, have to endure. This construction activity is extremely ubiquitous throughout the entire Lower Mainland. It is like construction gone wild it seems like on some days. It used to be sort of a pleasure driving in the downtown core early in the morning when things were light, so to speak. But, not right now. If you enter certain parts of the core you are going to have a very bad and frustrating day. These slowdowns do nothing of course for the mental health of the courier and for others who happen to experience them. I took quite a few snaps yesterday with my Blackberry pager and here they are show below. ...I started my day off in White Rock, which is located in the southern part of Surrey for I live.
.
Here are my snaps with some explanation below:
.
.
Don't forget: if you want to enlarge these photos
then just left click them.
.
.
.
Photos of the ocean in the south part of White Rock.
.










This is actually a house just north of White Rock in the flats and right by Highway 99
.


And, now the madness of the construction for you. This one is in the City of New Westminster, a municipality on the east side of Vancouver.





An office in New Westminster





Downtown Vancouver and getting closer to the construction now.















Here it is in all of its glory for you.




















































































Well, that is about for now friends. I am going to try and enjoy the sunshine now and maybe do some more work around the house. Talk to you all later. ...Oops..... Don't forget. If you are popping into town from out of town you know how to get hold of me. For my friends and acquaintances of course. Bye.
.
.