Monday, October 5, 2009

All is fair in love and war....

.
.

.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Monday October 5, 2009
.
.
Actually, my title this morning might be a little misleading so I had better explain myself right off the bat. I was thinking how important it is to like or love oneself just for the sake of doing so. And, why would anybody want to love themselves you might enquire? Well, the way I have gotten things figured out right now, this might be the only defence one has when he runs out of friends and the people who like and love him. Or, used to that is. If you have been reading my blog lately you will know that I am running out of friends. At this current rate of loss I just might not have anybody left who appreciates me. The last person who really seemed to appreciate me was my cat " Boo ". She was actually crazy about me and just before she died she made an attempt to let me know that. She really liked me. And, then she just died. Cats are really emotional creatures you know, so don't think that they are not. If you are a cat person then you will know what I am talking about. Anyway, she is dead and gone and I have not replaced her. But, I digress of course. Back to love and friends and that kind of thing. " All is fair in love and war " does have some meaning here though, but not much. I am just trying to say that in terms of loving yourself and its relation to war you really need to get hold of yourself and be able to fall in love with yourself when the time comes. That is the fair part - anything goes. And, it looks like that time is fast approaching for me. So, I need to take a second critical look at myself and see if there is something there to love. Maybe if I look in the mirror I will frighten myself. Perhaps some makeup is in order then, or whatever it takes I suppose. Now, as for my attitude and opinion and ideas and that kind of thing, well what can I do? I have a lifetime of acquiring my mental makeup so to speak so that is not going to be easy to change - if necessary that is. But, I do not think we will have to take any drastic measures in that regard. I am actually quite comfortable with my ideas about life and love and that kind of thing. Even my politics and philosophy is not bad either now that I think about it. But, getting back to the friends and acquaintance issue though. Do you think it is worth examining why I am losing all of these people as my friends? It is sort of like examining your business I suppose to see why you are losing all of your customers. Or, even in the political sphere, wondering why people are not voting for you. It is just an act of self inspection that is all. However, I do not think it is worth all of the effort to try and win these people back that I have lost when you think about it. Why should I bother? What would be the point of the whole thing? If they don't like and appreciate me then what? You cannot make someone love you. I am me and I am not going to change. How can I? And, you cannot change the spots on a tiger now can you? And, besides I kind of like myself just the way I am. I am not perfect, but I am comfortable with myself. What more do you need than that? Which takes me back to my cat Boo. Like I said this cat really liked and appreciated me. So, that means that I must of been doing something right - in the cat world at least. Perhaps this is where we should be directing our attention then, towards the kinds of people or creatures who can appreciate you for what you are. Maybe the humans are not worth it after all, if they are going to keep on rejecting you I mean. Who cares anyway? But, like I said at the beginning. I think you had better learn how to love yourself because that might be your final ace in the hole. When all else fails I mean. The fantasy of friendship is going to fail one day as well and then you will be left with nothing. You will have your cat and his or her love of course, but what happens when they die? Then what? That is when the rubber will really hit the road. You will have to look in the mirror and say: " I love you ". And, you will have to find a way to mean it and to accept it. You are the final thing that you will have, so learn to love it and live with it. Know that in that face of yours and in that personality you are the one who is best able to love what you see. And, you will know why when all of your friends and acquaintances have abandoned you, one by one. But, you will be left standing and you will be able to say that they were not able to love or understand me. You might want to say like Jesus did that " they know what they do ", but you will not have to. For they did know what they were doing. They were rejecting the greatest person in the world - and that is you and that is me. Have a nice day.
.