Sunday, October 18, 2009

I'm backing the nurses....



.
.

Good Morning Friends,

.

today is Sunday October 18, 2009

.
I am sicker than a dog this morning friends and I might even have the big one. Who knows anyway. I am talking about the Swine Flu. I am not sure what the symptoms are, but mine are a sore throat, some stiffness and a bit of nausea. And, this is combined with that do not want to do anything kind of feeling. Here is a video that I just got from Brasscheck in my mail box. I am 100% behind the nurses in their struggle to maintain their rights as citizens. Nobody can force a vaccine upon another, even as a condition of employment in my view. The nurses are calling the shots unsafe or unproven and who could disagree with them? The point is that why should one group have to compromise their safety because some authority says that they have to? Now, this is an easy one for me of course because I am naturally against authority just on basic principles. I don't like being pushed around by someone who I do not like, trust, or appreciate. Read my whole blog and you will easily see what kind of a person I am. This is a no brainer for me. I am behind the nurses. Even if they lose they are proving a point. And, that is to stand for your rights and your beliefs and do what your gut tells you to do.






.



Bishop Berkeley


1685 - 1753


.Here is another guy that is bugging me quite a bit lately. His name is George Berkeley and he was a famous philosopher. An idealist one at that. He believed that matter does not really exist and that all we know and see is a result of our perceptions. Ideas come from our brains and the origin of all things is God Himself. That is the way he explains reality for us.


.I think he is a bit of a contrarian actually and he is going against the solid ground of the materialists of his day. Do things exist independently of the mind? Bishop Berkeley says no. So, what do you think about this kind of approach to reality and philosophy? Actually, the Bishop and I have something in common; we are willing to go against the grain and hold our ground. That is fine and dandy except the Bishop is a believer in the Entity and I am not. Now, if I was to support the man and push his arguments to the limits, then what? What if I could help the guy out and prove his ' immaterialism ' ? What do you think would happen to me if that was to occur? That means that I would have to accept God and the idea of Him. It is tempting let me tell you - to go against the crowd, I mean. But, do I dare? Bishop Berkeley is a good candidate for my Bachelor Philosophers section as well. He seems to hold ideas that a man on the outside would be holding, like a bachelor I mean. Except he was not a bachelor and he was in fact, married. So, no dice in that department. But, I know that I will have to discuss him at one point simply because of his idealism and belief in God.


.



.


.
.