Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Are you a character?....

'
'
.
.
.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Tuesday October 13, 2009
.
.
Back to work today friends. I know I am stepping out of character just a bit, but once in a while we do these kinds of things. Normally, I would be taking Tuesday off, but not today. Just a slight change in schedule so I hope everyone is not overly concerned about this change of pace and possible injury to my, so far, rather stable character.
.
Does anyone even know what I am talking about - or care for that matter? Friends, rest assured that whatever I print on these pages is important - to me. Remember, I am probably in training to accept myself as the one person left who is going to appreciate me. You may recall that I am losing all of my friends, relatives, and acquaintances, left, right and center. It might even be a personal catastrophe when you really think about it. My regular readers already know about my recent travails and misfortunes in the friends and acquaintances department.
.
My life is tightening up friends and I need to prepare myself for any calamity that might be forthcoming. I need to be strong and resolute. Just like Dick Cheney. Well, not exactly like Dick Cheney since he is not actually one of my favourite people, but similar to him in the sense that my character remains strong so that all can see that I am able to complete my mission. Which of course gets me back to my character. I need to let all of you guys know that I am not getting weak and showing signs of character weakness or anything like that. On the contrary, I think, this trip to work today is an indication of my strong character and my ability to go with the flow so to speak. Sometimes we have to bend friends, and it is the best way to survive, in the near term and in the long term. What are the kinds trees that survive the most vicious of storms? They are the ones that bend and that live to survive for another day. Surely that is the lesson of the bending tree. And, so it is with character as well. Sometimes you may think you are changing character and damaging yourself, but you are really not. You are just being prudent that is all. Do not care what others think about your character and your actions when they don't have the slightest clue what kind of person you are. Your character is only your outward signature to let everyone know how and why you do the things that you do. Normally, you would do things that others expect you to do. You would be staying in character. If you think I am stepping out of character today then you really do have a lot to learn about me that is for sure.
.
So, thanks for reading and have a nice day!
.
P.S. don't know what the weather is supposed to be like today, but I think we are going to be running out of luck any day now. But, it sure was a good run while it lasted. Do you think our weather has been out of character this year? Well, it certainly was a nice change now wasn't it?
.
P.S. again. I just thought of something else. It is related to the carnival business. Remember, this is the job that formed a major part of my early life and had a great influence on me. I travelled extensively throughout western Canada as a young adult operating games of chance and games of skill. I have not written anything extensive about this portion of my life, but I am planning on it. Anyway, I had a friend in the business who ran a joint that analyzed your character. It was just a gimmick joint of course, but it was a good and steady money maker. You may have seen one of these concessions yourself during one of your visits to a carnival or fair. You write your name on a card and then a computer analyzes your handwriting to determine what kind of a character you are. People really want to know what kind of people they are. So, that is the reason for the success of this type of concession. People would laugh and discuss their analyses with their partners upon receiving the results of their handwriting. There is nothing scientific about the process at all. In fact, at the bottom of the cards it says that " this is for entertainment only " or words to that effect. I remember one of the signs on the concession read: " Are you a character? "
.
.
.