Wednesday, October 21, 2009

How many months have you got left?....

.
.
.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Wednesday October 21, 2009
.
.
I am going to venture back to work friends and see what happens. I cannot say that I am feeling any better, but the change of pace might help me out. This has happened before where I am not really recovering to any great degree and I decided to go back to work. What I find happens is that the change of pace and environment seems to help out a bit. Sometimes one just gets into a rut by staying at home, whereas an actual physical outing can actually improve matters. So, we shall see what happens today with this strategy.
.
I have been watching the stock market as you might expect and my portfolio is making slight improvements as the days go on. Right now I am up just over 12% for the year. Now, that is actually quite good because a good deal of my portfolio is in cash-related things. So, that means that my equities are doing quite well. I do not hold any U.S. equities at all and I sold most of them during the Bush Regime. Republicans and their efforts are not actually good for the stock market as they tend to get involved in unnecessary wars and boost spending and cause debts and deficits. Obama of course has no choice but to do what he is doing. He is hamstrung by the former Bush Regime and their economic and political policies. Needless to say that is why I do not own any American stocks. Gold as you might expect is doing well and I have capitalized on this feature of my portfolio in the past, and I am doing so now as well. My foreign equities consist of European and a good dose of Emerging market type stocks, you know, the so-called BRIC ones; that being Brazil, Russia, India, and China. Those are the countries with good growth potential and large populations. That is where the action appears to be. And, Canada is doing OK with its natural resources as well. And, as you might expect, that is where the bulk of my equities are. 2008 was the bad year for investors and I certainly did not escape the damage that occurred there. But, my losses were relatively mild compared to most, I think. The most I was down was 12%, and that was at the end of December, 2008. Interestingly, I need just a few more gains to break even and to recoup all of those losses.
.
So, not much else to report friends, except to say that I am still working on my Marriage thing over on the main part of my blog. I promised my readers that I would get married this year, so that effort is taking place over there. Here is the link to the first part of my marriage:The Marriage of Carl Baydala .
.
Finally, I heard an interesting statistic the other day. The figure was that we all live about 1,000 months. So, that kind of puts things into perspective now doesn't it? Kind of a gruesome figure in a way too don't you think? I mean, just where do you think you are right now along the road in your life? And, don't forget: these are the stats if everything is going well. So, I hope that everything is going well with you.
Well, that is all for now so talk to you all later.
.
.