Thursday, October 29, 2009

The McDonald's bathroom that didn't make it...


.
.


.

Good Morning Friends,

.

today is Thursday October 29, 2009

.

Welcome to Black Thursday, also known as Black Friday friends. Yes, indeed this is the famous day in history when the markets took a big tumble back in 1929 causing the Great Depression. And, we never really do learn from our mistakes do we? Meanwhile, back in the present, the markets have been having quite the little correction as well. I was well on my way to breaking even since the losses of 2008 and now we are the down slide again. Snakes and ladders anyone?

.

I want to bring to your attention today a rather disturbing feature of my friend and ally in the workplace, namely the McDonald's Corporation. Now, as everyone knows I visit these restaurants continually during the course of my employment, usually two and three times a day in most cases. I am after the cheap and fast fix, something to keep me going while I am travelling down the road. But, I also count on these restaurants for their bathroom facilities as well. Like gas stations, I expect them to be easily accessible and also clean. Just a quick note about gas stations before I comment on McDonald's. My favourite gas station is the Chevron chain. Why? Because their operations are clean looking and they have the best and most tidy bathrooms. I can count on these Chevrons to treat me right when I go in there. The bathrooms are always clean and neat looking. I do not trust or use Shell at all, since I have had bad experiences with them. I do not like Exxon or Esso in Canada because they charge for air, etc. Chevrons are the best for me. And, the price is the same at all of the gas stations in town so price is not even a contributing factor. But, I digress of course. The picture of the bathroom below is a McDonald's restaurant. It is in the Lower Mainland Region, and in a suburb of Vancouver. It is a relatively new restaurant and it is a classy looking building relative to the rest of them. But, the owner of this operation cares not much for his bathroom. And, that is indeed a shame. I have been monitoring this bathroom for weeks, if not months. The owner of this restaurant seems too cheap to fix this bathroom. The water continues to drip as you can see and the soap dispenser is still broken; the bottom part has not been replaced. So, I just thought I would earmark this store for this transgression. Another thing about McDonald's bathrooms in general is that I do not like them. They are very spartan and not high quality at all. They are not first rate operations. One of the annoyances for me is the hand dryers. These things give me the creeps. I prefer a quick towel drying rather than standing there trying to do a job with cold air. Very annoying indeed. Perhaps they should take a lesson from the Insurance Corporation of B.C. when it comes to hand dryers. I found an absolutely first class hand dryer in of the ICBC outlets. Totally cutting edge when it comes to hand drying technology. At the flick of a button hot rushing air comes out in a torrent. You can just sense that someone had the consumer in mind when this thing is whirling away at getting your hands dry in the shortest amount of time possible. So, just a tip to Mcdonald's to learn some valuable lessons from others when it comes to the bathroom presentation. There are much better ideas out there.


.



.

Got another chapter done for my play last night and I am getting ready for the big wedding. The next scene will be back inside the Great Banquet Hall in Heaven and the commencement of the wedding in Juneau, Alaska. You can see my latest addition here ( Part 7 ):

.

The Marriage of Carl Baydala
The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 2

The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 3
The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 4

The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 5
The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 6
The Marriage of Carl Baydala - Part 7


.

Well, that is all for now, talk to you all later.

.

.