Thursday, October 8, 2009

Post October 7 day....

.
.
.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Thursday October 8, 2009
.
.
It was another beautiful sunny day at work yesterday as I contemplated the effects of yet another October 7 anniversary day. Yes, friends another day to remember and one of the biggest in my life as you well know. I hope everyone got a chance to read my post yesterday on the main part of my blog concerning this event. Link here:
.
.
There was a certain thinness in the air just like there was in 1983 as well. But, it was the sunshine most of all I think that brought the memories roaring back. The day was one of the best of life, filled with hope and happiness. And, then just as on 9/11, another spectacularly sunny day, it turned and headed in the other direction; into the direction of sadness and despair. The world turned on a dime and would never be the same. The forces of destiny had succeeded in their mission on those days and had effected the lives of those once happy people, now turned sad. That is the lesson of life friends; never take a day for granted and always be thankful that you lived when you could so easily have died. That is the cruel lesson of life; that it is in charge and that you are only a follower and one who must bow down to the whims of fate.
.
The weekend will be here in a couple of days friends so don't be afraid to contact me if you are popping into town and want to do something. This message is for my friends and acquaintances only of course. No racing at the Meadowlands for quite some time yet, so that means that I can accommodate you in a more personalized manner and perhaps do the things that you would like to do. If racing is not your bag, well, I am sure there might be tons of other things that you would like to do. Anyhow, don't be afraid to contact if you are popping into town from out of town.
.
Whoops, I knew I forgot something-----I am wondering about the stock market and its performance. My portfolio is steadily improving and is recovering from the losses of the last couple of weeks. It is interesting stuff to watch you know, especially as the world economies were hit so hard. The U.S. dollar is still weakening and Canada is in pretty decent shape of course. I don't really believe these pundits you know, when they are talking about recovery and that kind of thing. They have such a bad reputation, and nobody really trusts these guys anymore and that is why so much money is in cash and on the sidelines. But, I do know that the stock market is a forward looking animal and I am paying attention to the price of gold which is climbing steadily as well. I do have gold in my portfolio as a bit of a hedge so that is a good thing of course. It is only around 5% or so of my portfolio though, but gold does make impressive moves upward and it is fun to watch. Here is my portfolio update here:
.
.
Just one final notation before I let you go. I forgot something and it might be important. I made three trips to McDonald's yesterday, whereas two is my regular routine. Three would be the limit and I have never made four visits in one day. I think, psychologically, these McDonald's visits are related to the October 7 event ( and of that job generally ) in a way. Perhaps this is my minds way of keeping me in touch with the past and the things that are important to me. What do you think of that?
.
That is all for now, talk to you all tomorrow.
.
.
.