Sunday, October 4, 2009

More beautiful weather and thinking about the Olympics....

.
.
.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Sunday October 4, 2009
.
.
It was really another stellar day weather wise yesterday. I don't know if we deserve all of this great weather, but nobody that I know is complaining at all. So, like our buddy George Bush says: Bring it on.. Or, was it Bring 'em on? Well, who cares anyway? I think you get the idea. We are truly blessed here in the Lower Mainland area I think. It has been a great year indeed for weather.
.
I am just wondering if the weather is going to produce for the Olympics though. If they are going to have a colder winter on the east coast then this might affect our winter weather here as well. I mentioned this detail a few posts back if you recall. We certainly don't want any serious El Ninos forming out in the ocean now do we? Oh well, I am sure they have their backup plans in order should things go wrong in the weather department.
.
The McDonald's above is the one close to the Vancouver International Airport. It is one of the friendlier restaurants in my opinion. These smaller ones do indeed seem among the more friendly of the bunch for some reason. Anyhow, since the weather was so great yesterday this is where I ended up in the early afternoon. I just stopped by and watched a few planes landing and that kind of thing. It is the perfect kind of run for my car, since it is not a short trip from where I live, nor a long trip either. It is just right. Pretty close to this restaurant is the newly constructed Speed Skating centre that they built for the Olympics. It is just a touch to the south and over a bridge on Number 2 road. I was thinking of getting a couple of shots for you, but it was too late and I was mobile over the bridge when the idea came to mind.
.
Still have a couple of days to rest up and get something done besides playing on my computer all day long. So, wish me luck in this regard. And, don't forget. October 7 is drawing close so brace yourself for the big anniversary date. This is one of the big events in my life now and I celebrate it every year. It brings back the memories of yester year, those memories that we are now stuck with, for good or for bad. Talk to you all later.
.
.
Almost forgot: Happy " Ten Four Day ' if you are in the courier business, or other similar driving occupation.
.
.
.
.
.