Friday, October 2, 2009

Things are picking up....

.
.
.
.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Friday October 2, 2009
.
.
Things are picking up at work or maybe it was just a one day wonder. Who knows for sure anyway. This business is very unpredictable anyhow. One day you are making dough and the next day you are talking to yourself. But, things did slow down quite a bit in the last few months and there were quite a few groans coming out of the ranks of the couriers. I know that September itself can be a slow month at any rate. I don't know why but that has traditionally been the case in my experience anyway. But, yesterday was a good day and I was busy all day long. So, it was certainly encouraging and that boosts one spirits as you can well imagine. And, couriers really are the bell weathers anyway when you think about it. That means that if we are making money then there are signs of life in the economy as well. And, that is because our job is a direct reflection of what is happening in the world of work. I recall for example that sometimes I bump into the businessmen in the elevators and the astute among them will make an enquiry as to how things are going. They do this so as to get a gauge on the economic events in society. So, they know that we truly are representatives of the economy.
.
I took this shot below with my Blackberry pager when I was in the downtown core yesterday afternoon. There is just so much construction and it is really irritating, especially in the core. The construction is very pervasive. It is taking place all over the Lower Mainland Region. It is particularly maddening in the core though when you are in a rush to get a delivery done on time. Anyhow, here is a snap of a building with a new flag draped along its side. I suspect this is part of the Olympics campaign and the building is participating in that event. And, maybe all of this construction and road work is related to the Olympics as well. Who knows. This photo is me driving west on Georgia Street. This really is the busy street and centre piece of the city in my opinion. I think the Blackberry takes a decent snap actually and it is always handy because I am carrying it all of the time. So that is good for the quick snaps of course.

.
.
Anyhow, this is my last day at work and then four days off again. I think there is some sunshine in the forecast too. So, if you are popping into town from out of town then don't be afraid to contact me if you want to do something. There is no racing for quite a while yet so that means that I can take you for a nice spin if you like. This message is for my friends and acquaintances of course.
.
And, just a further reminder that October 7th is coming up real fast as well. That will be next Wednesday. So, we will have to celebrate that event as well since it is such a big deal in my life. It will the 26th anniversary of that unhappy event. Talk to you all later and have a nice day.
.
.
.
.