Friday, October 23, 2009

Finally Friday....

.
.
.
.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Friday October 23, 2009
.
.
Last day at work friends and then four days off again. We are experiencing rather typical fall weather here, you know, off and on rain more or less. It is not cold or anything like that, just mostly rainy and cloudy, but there are the sunny periods as well. But, for all intents and purposes summer is over. Nice while it lasted of course.
.
The picture above is the entrance to the Port Mann Bridge from the Guildford area in North Surrey. This is a quite a congested place around eight o'clock in the morning or thereabouts as everybody seems to wind up in this area at the same time. The two snaps below are of the same lineup, we have just moved a bit closer to the bridge that is all...
.



There seems to be more and more Olympic excitement taking place downtown as well. Notice, for example, the large Canadian flag draped along side of the building in the picture. There are some other buildings with Olympic figures drawn on them as well, not too far away from this building, but not shown here at this time....
.


And, here are just a couple more snaps of the downtown core. All of these pictures were taken yesterday.










And, one more time. I know you guys are getting tired of this, and the little mouse story and all, but here it is again. This is yet another view of the alley behind Alberni Street ( south of Alberni ) at Thurlow. This picture is facing east. The girl who was knocked down last December was laying in the middle of the street on the other side of Thurlow, facing us. The McDonald's restaurant is immediately to my left in this picture. If you walk a bit forward and turn to the left you will be at the front entrance to the store. See picture of this entrance in a previous post not too long ago.



I am not feeling any great amount of pain at work as a result of my recent bout with the flu, or whatever it is, and I am able to do a day's work. Once I am on the job and mobile things seem to be going OK. You can really feel the pressure of the downtown traffic though, in the downtown core that is. I guess it is just the cumulative effects of all of the lingering construction and the Olympics buildup working together. Still no more racing for quite a while yet at the Meadowlands in New Jersey. Not sure when it starts up again actually, maybe late November or sometime in December. The problem with these racing layoffs for me is that I tend to get rusty in my handicapping. I do remember the basics of my system of course, but there might be a couple of considerations that I overlook when I start working with it. But, it doesn't take long for me to get back into the swing of things and to make proper bets and to spend the appropriate amount of money on each race. Anyhow, if you are popping into town and want to do something you know how to get hold of me. This message for my friends and acquaintances only. I think I might still have a couple of associates left. Who knows anyway...
.
.
More on our friendly neighbourhood bankers, the economy, and our future...privatization of the state:
.
.
.
.
.