Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sunny and calm, for now....

.
.
.
.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Thursday September 24, 2009
.
.
.
.
.It was another gorgeous day friends let me tell you. Beautiful fall weather. This really is my favourite kind of weather. You know, the end of summer, but the effects of the whole thing lingering on. Everything is just so peaceful and mostly everyone is in a good mood as well. When we get to October 7 in a short while I will remind you of the big event in my life that took place in 1983. That was a beautiful sunny day as well. Just like 9/11, a beautiful sunny day. But, then my world was to be turned upside down and would never be the same again. So, take nothing for granted, fantastic looking days can bring great changes to our lives, changes that will alter our lives in ways unknown to us.
.
I started out my day in the Guildford area of Surrey and I popped in and bought a muffin and a coffee at McDonald's. I had some deliveries and pickups in the area so it was convenient for me to pop in there. I was able to relax for a bit in the sunshine and just enjoy the day around me. Here is a video I took not too long ago of this particular restaurant.
.
.




.
Later on I would be in the downtown core of Vancouver itself. While I was there I was able to take another break with a work mate and I took a short video of some pigeons relaxing on this sunny day as well. Looks like they are doing some R&R. Here they are taking a bath in a fountain supplied by one of the office complexes in downtown Vancouver. They are really having a great time as you can see. They have their own private waterfall and they are certainly taking full advantage of the situation. The video is not very good quality as the shot was taken on my Blackberry pager. These pagers are not camcorders and their main task in life is not to be movie cameras. They do many other things quite well, but unfortunately, taking movies is not one of them. But, they are handy and easy to use, so here it is.
.



.
So, I don't know how long the great weather is supposed to last, but we are certainly not going to kick a gift horse in the mouth that is for sure. Only two more days of work and then back to four days off. There is no harness racing right now that I am interested in, but if you are popping into town from out of town do not be afraid to contact me. I am sure we can think of something to do even if the horses are not running. This message is for my friends and acquaintances only of course. Talk to you all later.
.
.
.