Saturday, September 12, 2009

Post 9/11 day....

.
.

.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Saturday September 12, 2009
.
.
Good grief. It is only three months left to Karen's next birthday. How time flies eh? Anyhow, the picture above is me at eighteen in 1967. This was my graduating year and also the year of the Six Day War if you recall. So, lots of things were happening of course. I was just starting out my life and it was fun being young. My whole world was in front of me.
.
And, what did the world in front of me produce? Well, it produced many wars and big events such as 9/11 and even more wars related to this tragedy. Yesterday was a gloriously sunny day just like it was last anniversary and also on September 11, 2001, here and in New York. So, it looks like sunny and tragedy go together to some degree. Maybe the connection for us is to know how precious life is and to enjoy it while you can. Because who knows when the next 9/11 will occur, either globally or in your very own life. Most people who I talked to on the job were on the case and were remembering the event itself. Now, in talking to our customers I did not bother to mention the conspiracy aspects of the incident, only the fact that it was a very important anniversary for all of us. And, most if not all were in agreement of course.
.
Well, this is the beginning of my four days off and I think it is sunny out yet again. No more Meadowlands for a while so I cannot even invite Karen and anybody else who might be interested in going. But, maybe if any of the important people pop into town we could do something else, like take a spin in the car and do something really neat. Oh well, I am a perennial optimist as you can guys can see.
.
.
Here is the local weather for you if you are interested:
.
.
.
.