Thursday, September 10, 2009

A McDonald's with manners....

.
.
.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Thursday September 10, 2009
.
.
It just goes to show that you don't have to be big to have common sense and be possessed with some manners. I am talking about a particular McDonald's restaurant friends. The picture above is not the actual restaurant, but this one is not too far away from the one that I am honoring today. The one that I am talking about is also a smaller establishment and you would not think much of it if you saw it. But, inside of that restaurant is a unique feature. It is a garbage receptacle that actually talks just like you and me. Yesterday after work I visited a McDonald's and ordered a McDouble Meal, which consisted of their new burger, some fries and a coffee. I have been cutting back on burgers lately but that is another story of course. Anyway, upon finishing my meal I took my tray with the refuse upon it and placed it in a garbage container that was located by one of the entrances to the store. I opened the lid of said receptacle and slid the refuse in. And, while I was doing so the garbage container said: " Thank You ". Yes indeed friends this garbage bin talked to me just as I was heading out the door after a satisfying meal. Now, it was just something simple, but it was very effective in my opinion. To my mind, it was just another aspect of good customer service, something which we strive for in the courier business as well. But, it is good to see that you don't necessarily have to be a big brute of an establishment in order to show just how important the customer really is to your business. And, I was truly impressed and I felt appreciated. Well done garbage container.
.
The rains were back in full force yesterday and there were some quite serious downpours. Don't forget of course that the weather has snapped back in September before and it is still possible to get some good days out of the month. My foot has improved to the point where I can wear regular shoes now. And, that is a good thing since I did not want to be running around in sandals on some of the wet pavement that I encountered. Still lots of traffic to contend with of course and like I have stated many times in the past things are not getting better at all. Why, I even remember when I was starting out in the courier business, and that goes back to 1987, that there was a noticeable difference in the September traffic. That is one thing that kind of stuck in my mind actually, that there can a burst in the traffic in September, that is. I guess is just everyone back from holidays and the kids back in school and that kind of thing. Well, just think how long it has been since 1987 and the amount of time that has elapsed and the buildup of traffic that took place over the years. There still use to be a ' rush hour ' in 1987, but even that has disappeared now. It is just steady traffic on the freeway most of the time. That is Highway Number One that I am talking about particularly, you know the one that goes over the Port Mann Bridge. Speaking of which, it looks like they might finally be adding a couple of new lanes on the east side. What an embarrassment this Highway Number One is anyway. Only two lanes each way. Well, there is lots of construction going on so maybe that is what is coming down. The traffic can be really horrible around the Port Mann area.
.
And, don't forget friends that tomorrow is the anniversary of 9/11. I will be watching to see how the media handles this event of course. And, that is because I am of the opinion that they want us to forget this incident. I suspect that is part of their job. Remember, I do not feel that the media works for us anymore. But, then I guess you guys knew that anyway and that is why you are on the internet just like me.
.
Here is one of my first McDonald's videos
.