Monday, September 7, 2009

Lots to think about today....

.
.


.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Monday September 7, 2009
.
.
I had kind of a weird dream this morning, most of which I remember. It is rather creepy in parts so I don't think I will bore you with the details. And, no it is not about the girl of my dreams either. If it was about her it would be down on paper already. Actually, I just had a quick thought and I'd better get it down on paper lest I forget about it. It concerns the idea of consciousness. Now, this is something that I am really interested in. In some of my philosophy and religious writings I mention this detail as being important. Anyway, about consciousness. Our waking minds are conscious things. What we see is our reality and becomes our consciousness. It is our way of knowing and understanding reality. But, I saw this video presentation the other day and this fellow giving the presentation introduced a unique idea as far as I was concerned that is. The idea was that even when we are asleep and dreaming we have a consciousness. Our mind and the images that it is capable of producing is our consciousness. So, that means that it has its own consciousness apart from the type that we are aware of when we are awake. It is of course just the chemicals and physical matter in the brain that produces these images for us. So, I thought that was a unique idea. Anyhow, I find this consciousness business to be really fascinating and I think many others do as well.
.
I stumbled upon this great series about World War One which you might be interested in. It is a ten part series and each one is just under an hour long. But, the time really flies when you are watching these things let me tell you. This is a fantastic series and loaded with old film clips which most people have no doubt never seen before. The thing about World War One is the fact that this truly was a world wide event, although originally centered in Europe. What you have of course is the involvement of the colonies of the imperial nations and that is why the war was scattered about. The system of alliances in Europe caused the whole thing to happen of course. It all started down in the Balkans in Sarajevo, Bosnia when Archduke Francis Ferdinand and his wife were assassinated. And, then the whole thing just took off from there. You had then the Central Powers of Germany and Austria Hungary aligning against Russia, France and Great Britain. It really was an ugly war and much atrocity is evident in the films. It is really gruesome stuff indeed, hangings, executions, mutilations, rape, and the like. But, you are also drawn to the utter determination of the players and the idea of winning at all costs. That was one of my impressions at any rate. And, you could feel the pride and nationalism at work as well. I had a bit of a hidden agenda in watching the films. I wanted to see if my understanding of history fit the facts as presented and I was also looking for something else as well. I will let you know if I find what I am looking for as I continue watching the films. Here is part one if you are interested.
.




The snap at the beginning is suppose to be a courier or a mailman . And, it also supposed to move about, etc., but I don't think it is going to. You know, a motion character. Anyway, just pretend that it is moving its hands and stuff I guess. Happy Labour Day and talk to all tomorrow - the gods willing, that is.
.
.