Thursday, September 17, 2009

Good dreams and bad traffic....

.
.
.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Thursday September 17, 2009
.
.
I had a dream this morning friends. It was about the old restaurant where I worked back in 1983. The dream itself was mostly positive and the figures in the dream were me, a male figure, and another girl. And, no it was not the girl of the dreams so just relax. The dream was positive in the sense that the girl in the dream was ' reaching out ' to me and more or less respected me. She was interested in my welfare and what I represented. The male figure was just there and did not represent any kind of a threatening presence or anything like. If anything, he was receptive and understanding of my position. He was not there to cause me harm and his main activity of note is that he is walking fairly briskly. He is just there and forms part of the picture. Like I said, the dream was a good one in the sense that the girl in the dream understood and respected me.
.
It was raining quite heavily at work yesterday and there was a lot of bunching up of traffic later on in the afternoon. You know, big lineups at the traffic lights. I remember I was standing by downtown and I had to go south to Richmond to make a pickup. It was just after 16:00 hrs. I knew that that the office in Richmond would most likely close at 17:00 hrs. I figured I needed a good 45 minutes to get there. And, then it happened. Another call came in that would make my trip more stressful. I had to head a bit towards the east first before I could go to Richmond. I knew immediately that this was pressure because it was raining and that fact can really slow you down in rush hour traffic. Well, to make a long story short this bit of side tracking really did cause me grief. It took me just under one half hour to get to my destination in south Vancouver which was actually a good thing considering the traffic and the rain. I got lucky here I felt. But, then I still had to get to Richmond before 17:00 hrs. The traffic was really intense and it was pouring rain as I lined up for the Oak Street Bridge. I remember glancing at my watch. It was 16:41 and I did not feel good about that at all. Lots of things could still go wrong. I was in trouble in this thick rainy traffic. The lineup to the bridge was huge. I inched forward in the rain while I was waiting for the lights. Finally, however, I made it to the bridge and into Richmond. But, there was more traffic in Richmond of course and more lights and more waiting. It was everywhere. Precious time was being lost. Anyhow, I made it to my destination and parked the truck in a visitor parking stall. I did not even bother looking at my watch because I did not want to upset myself if it was after 17:00 hrs. Anyway, I entered the building, got in the elevator and headed up to the third floor and made my way to the office where I would pick up my delivery. My heart was pounding. I felt the door handle to see if it was locked. It was not. I glanced at my watch. It was exactly 17:00 hrs as I entered the office door. Friends, this kind of stuff happens all of the time and it is what makes the job interesting and stressful all at the same time. This was an important delivery that I was trying to fetch and it was due early in the morning. And, that is why I knew that I had to get there and get that envelope. And, luckily I did.
.
Hopefully the weather will be a bit nicer today, but then one never knows about these things. We can only take the days as they come I suppose. Remember all of the hot weather that we had and how great summer was for us? Well, I certainly remember and I am not complaining at all. Life is certainly interesting isn't it? Too bad it cannot last forever though. Talk to you all later.
.
.