Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A day at the dump....

.
.
.
.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Tuesday September 15, 2009
.
.
This is my last day off friends and then back to work tomorrow. Time sure flies when you are having fun eh? The weather was not one hundred per cent yesterday and it even sprinkled just a tiny bit of rain. But, that was alright of course because I was busy over at the house and loading up my truck with junk for the dump. Actually, it was a beautifully timed rain if you want the truth. I had just put the finishing bit of junk into the back of the truck and turned the latches and then it sprinkled, it wasn't much at all. Just a few tiny drops and then it was all over.
.
I made a run out to the dump which is located in Port Kells. The McDonald's shown above is in Port Kells. This is their brand new building which they built in the same mall where their old establishment was located. So, they are right on the corner now. This is one of my favourite McDonald's for some reason. I have never encountered an unfriendly staff member at this location and I always get a good reception here. After my dump duties I visited this restaurant and ordered two hot apple pies and a coffee. Two hot apple pies costs $1.39. It is one of their many $1.39 daily specials. Anyway, back to the dump. The dump that I go to is run by a company called Wastech. It is a private outfit that handles all of the residential garbage in this area. They have other locations as well. I could go to the Delta dump as well which is just as good, but Port Kells is a little closer for me. It usually only costs me ten dollars for a load so that suits me just fine. It is a great dump actually and you drive under cover and just unload everything. Nobody hassles you or inspects your garbage seriously and it is a very well run operation. I really like going to the dump and cleaning things out. I am a regular now and the staff seems to know me. I guess I have found some new friends. And, that is a good thing of course since I am losing so many family members now as friends. See my recent articles about me as the Black Sheep if you are interested. Anyway, I just thought I would give a plug to the dump guys and to McDonald's as well. Two places that I go to quite a bit now. Here is my latest video once again just in case you have not seen it yet. I still only have fifteen visitors though. Oh well, I am sure things will pick up in time.
.