Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I wonder if the Olympics will make it....

.
.
.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Wednesday September 30, 2009
.
.
Back on the job friends. Got out for a short spell yesterday and did a bit of shopping. There was evidence of some rain about so I guess the weather guy was right about the rain on Tuesday. So, I am glad I got my Squamish and Juneau and Alaska trip out of the way on Saturday.
.
Speaking of rain, I guess yesterday is the precursor. I suppose everybody knows what fall and winter are like here on the West Coast. Actually, I was just thinking of something, related to the weather, that is. I heard that the east coast is finally going to get a cold winter. Well, as soon as I heard that I immediately thought of the weather out here on the West Coast and what it might mean for our Olympics here. If there is a weather pattern being set up because of a warming in the Pacific then that might mean a warm winter here. And, you know what that means for the big event of course. I remember one winter it was so mild and rainy and boring. Just rain, rain, and more rain. And, warm like the winters down in California or something. It was really boring and really wet. So, the Whistler people are probably hoping that their day will not be taken away from them. And, think of all of the millions, or is it billions they must have spent on that project. I suppose they have their backup plans in place, you know, like artificial snow and that kind of thing. I guess that was part of the excitement for me driving up to Squamish on the weekend, you know thinking about the Olympics. And, speaking of driving. The Sea to Sky Highway is the same road that everyone will be taking to get to Whistler. The road looks really good and is engineered very well I thought. When it says 80 km on a curve, well you can go that speed on that curve. Very nice. You can check out my post over on the main part of my blog. It is the last post as of today. Well, that is all for now, talk to you all later.