Friday, August 28, 2009

You don't have to believe it you know....

.
.

.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Friday August 28, 2009
.
.
I don't really have any kind of a theme this morning friends, so I guess it is kind of a free for all if you know what I mean. Something that just popped into my mind though was the idea of how we seek security, and corresponding to that is our belief system. I am thinking of someone I know and they shall remain nameless of course. Thinking of this person made me realize how we cling to ideas or beliefs that are illogical and irrational to put it bluntly. Yet, we still adhere to certain things because they make our world intelligible and manageable. I hope some of you can grasp what I am trying to say because I don't want to provide too concrete an example lest I reveal the individual or individuals that I am thinking of right now. But, perhaps another example then. How about the Kennedy assassination or even the current topic of 9/11? Friends these two items are prime examples of conspiracies. They are by definition conspiracies. Yet, a good portion of the population in the States would have nothing to do with the idea of a conspiracy, that the government was even remotely involved in these things - even in a remote way. Why would people even deny the very idea of a conspiracy related to these two topics? What makes them so sure that their government is as pure as the driven snow? Well, just think about that for a while friends and hopefully you will begin to understand what I am talking about. One of the things that your mind might uncover or think about is the role of religion here. There is a connecting dot here I feel. In religious societies such as in Canada, but more so in the States I feel, people are almost unshakable in their belief in God. These hard core Christians that I am thinking about if I could use that phrase, are very steadfast in their ways. God IS and that is the end of the story. There is no debate and there is no movement from the belief or the myth if you will. They cannot allow themselves to be separated from their belief in God. They will not even engage in meaningful debate about the issue. It would simply ruin their reality and understanding of things. It wouldn't make sense and it just could not be if God did not exist. He must. And, so it is with something like 9/11. Some people just will not accept the idea that all is not well and that some evil force did this act, an evil force that might be closer to home than they would like to think, that is. But, it is not just 9/11 or other similar events, it is lots of things. Friends, the whole thing boils down to what people believe. I guess it is like their personal makeup kit of beliefs and suspicions and the like. People believe because some authority earlier on in their lives introduced an idea into their heads. And, they live with these ideas into adulthood and nothing shakes them loose from their psyche. But, yet they find out that there is no Santa Claus and they are not unduly harmed by the revelation. How is it that they can come to grips with this reality but not accept the notion that other beliefs and myths might not be real or logical? Why do people not want to budge from some core beliefs? The short answer friends is because it is too risky to do so. I think that is the best answer that I can provide to you at this time.
.
Well, last day on the job and then I have some work to do over at the house. So, that will be consuming my weekend for me. No more Meadowlands Racetrack to worry about right now. So, I cannot even ask if anybody is coming into town to find out if they want to go or not. My world has changed as you can see. My focus must change as a result of there being no more racing for a while. Am I doomed? Will the world come to an end because racing is taking a sabbatical? I think not friends.I am a little more flexible than that. I am wondering if all of the important people know that.
.
Here is part 4 of the BBC conspiracy documentary:
.