Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Understanding how fate works....

.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Tuesday August 11, 2009
.
.
Good morning friends, I was just thinking about the notion of fatalism and what it means. At base, I suppose, it means that all is predetermined no matter what actions we take to try and affect the future. I think that is it actually. Even if you really want some certain thing to happen at some future time, it matters not because fate will decide the issue for you.
.
Now, I think this notion of fatalism can lead to some negative features in a person's life as well. For example, if somebody really adheres to this idea that nothing he does will change anything, or that outcome x is the only outcome anyway, then why bother even trying to achieve a goal if it is already decided what the outcome will be? Should somebody even bother to strive for something that they are interested in? Like, for example, taking some studies to pursue a trade or doing something to make a girl like you. Are these rational approaches to take given that no matter what we do nothing will change the future?
.
Is the future that certain a thing that we have no will over it? Actually, I believe it is and that is because fatalism itself has all of the bases covered. Fate knows what you are going to do and accounts for it any given outcome. How do we know whether or not this is true? How can we test fate? Should we even mess with fate if this thing is so powerful?
.
Of course you can. Fate is not your enemy or something to fear. Fate just is and always will be. Fate is the future condition that will prevail no matter what you do as a human being. Fate is just the result of your actions and of all of the other circumstances that combine to form a future situation or event. Fate is the future. Therefore you must always look upon fate as a positive thing and not a negative one. There is nothing in the rule book of fate that says you cannot go to university and pursue a degree, for example, In fact, fate encourages this idea if it is part of your personality and something that you want to do. There is nothing wrong with moving in the direction of fate and helping it along. Whatever you decide to do fate will live with the results. Your free will is part of the process of fate. So, as you can see fate is a very comprehensive thing. It anticipates and it works with you to get you to the future outcome, whatever it may me.
.
So, what if I am pursuing a goal and something goes wrong that does not allow me to achieve my goals? Is this my fault or the fault of fate? Well, understanding fate can easily answer your question for you, and here is how: fate knows what your goals and aspirations are that is how powerful a force it is. You need to think of fate as more of an explanation than anything else. It is powerful because there is nothing that you can do as a human being to change future results in any meaningful way. You may or may not achieve short term or long term goals by applying yourself to reach a desired outcome. But, that is not really the point now is it? The point is that no matter what actions you take these actions will necessarily be predetermined. How can we prove that? Do something right now, just do anything. Did you do something or not? Well, whatever you did or did not do was predetermined because it can be no other way. You may think you have free will, but you really do not. It is an illusion to think that you can control all events by your free will. Free will is nothing more than you doing something that was already prescribed. If it wasn't prescribed then it simply would not have happened. That is the power of fate and that is the only way to understand it.
.
That is why I believe in the gods, the love gods, the courier gods and all the rest of them. These are the things that control my destiny and they are not to be messed with. And, it is also why I believe in fate. I believe in fate because I know that whatever I do has already been decided. I think I can control future events and things, but that is mere illusion or false thinking. Think of it this way: I know that if I drive my car down the road and head out to Chilliwack, for example, then in a certain amount of time I will reach my destination. Was this destined to happened? Well, if I had an accident along the way or my car broke down, then obviously it was not meant to happen. But, what did happen was the thing that was meant to happen. Do you see how fate works now? And, similarly, what if I made it out to Chilliwack and achieved my goals, then what? Did I beat the system and show fate just how powerful I am? Not exactly, because fate was already there waiting for you.