Saturday, August 22, 2009

Last day for racing at the Meadowlands....


.



.
Vancouver, B.C. Webcams
.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Saturday August 22, 2009
.
.
Hopefully, we are getting back to normal friends. Well, as is normally and humanly possible for Carl Baydala that is. Not exactly sure what the weather has in store for us, but there is a weather forecast contained in the above web cams if you are interested. Have to get an oil change for the unit above and then I will be heading over to the track at Cloverdale. Post time is 16:00 hrs local time.
.
This is the last day for racing at the The Meadowlands Racetrack in New Jersey so it is now or never if you are coming down from Alaska, or wherever. The racetrack in New Jersey will crank up again in the Fall and get me all excited again, like it does every year of course. So, I missed a couple of weekends of racing because of my injury. Do I care? Not really. And, the reason? ..I know that fate is fate and that whatever will be will be and as you can see what happened happened and what will happen will just happen, and whether I like it or not.
.
So, what am I going to do now that the track is coming to an end? Well, what I usually do, and that is to lie low until the track reopens later on in the year. Or, I could get another foot injury and then I wouldn't even worry about it. Do you think the gods would do something like that? I think the gods would do whatever pleases them, that is what I think actually.
.
Anyway, it is kind of a treat getting out and about since I have been sidelined for so long now. And, I haven't even driven my car for quite a while either. My foot injury is my clutch foot you know, but I think it will be OK. I went out yesterday and bought some sandals for my feet. I figured that would be the best way to protect my foot from scraping and the rubbing of my sock upon the injury and that kind of thing. But, in any event it will be fun just to get out and about again. So, see you at the track if you are coming. Bye for now.
.