Monday, June 1, 2009

Love letters....

.

.

Good Morning Friends,

.

.

today is Monday June 1, 2009

.

.

I guess you should always go with your first intuition. Like, what am I going to say about love letters now that I am committed to the idea? Having made a contract with myself I am now stuck and forced to talk about love letters. OK, if that is the way you want to play then so be it. Love letters. Yes, good old love letters. You know, dear reader, in a way this whole blog is one giant love letter. Maybe you did not know that, but that is what this whole project is all about. My blog is one huge love letter. And, you know what the stupidest thing about it is? Nobody cares that it is one big love letter. The only person who really cares is me. And, that is the way it will always be I suppose. If there is no one in the world left who will love you then you might as well love yourself. And, what is so bad about that anyway? I don't think there is really much wrong with that now that I think about it. Besides, being in love with yourself is most likely good training for the real thing should it come along. Learning how to love one's self is actually a pretty good idea now that I think about it. Why, I can learn how good and bad I am and what my weak and strong points are. And, maybe upon self examination I can see just what kind of a person I really am. I can determine just what kinds of things I possess that people like and also what kind of things people do not like. I know what kind of music I like and what my interests are. I know that these things make me happy, so maybe they will make others happy as well. I am generally well-behaved and like to have a good time; I like money and buying things and going on trips or just driving around. I am really a very nice person with a pretty decent personality now that I think about it. So, if I can like myself then maybe others can as well. So, maybe being in love with myself is not such a bad thing after all. I guess it is desirable then to think of one's self as sort of an insurance policy or something like that. If all else fails then you have got yourself to love. I think that is a pretty good deal now that I think about it. Actually, I just thought of something. I got out of detailing my personal life and what my love letters are really all about. Pretty sneaky eh? Well, there you go, you have just learned another aspect of my personality. And, maybe that is another reason to like myself all the more; my ability to avoid the subject when it really counts. Are you going to hold this detail of my life against me? Well, I certainly hope you do not. Just think of it as another way to like and appreciate me, that is the best thing to do I think. So much for love letters - they are for fools and lovers anyway.

.

Anyway, on to the song of the day. Now, since I mentioned the word love so much there shouldn't be any problem trying to find a good love song that fits the bill now should there? So, let's go and take a look at the selections from which to choose. I just had an idea. I think I will pick the year 1966 because that is one year away from my last year in high school. I am thinking of doing a post over on the main part of my blog for the year 1967 in a couple of days. But, for now I think I will pick a good love song from 1966. I sure hope something fits.
.
.
Bob Lind - Elusive Butterfly - 1966
.






.