Tuesday, June 16, 2009

On the difference between cars and girls....

.
.
.
.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
.
today is Tuesday June 16, 2009
.
.
Friends, below are a couple of things that are a big part of my life. One is my car and the other is the girl of my dreams. Now, the astute observer will realize of course that neither one of these images, as shown, are really part of my life - they are and they are not.
.


.
the car pictured above is my car, but at the same time it is not my car. It just looks like my car, but it really is not.
.

Governor
Sarah Palin
.
Alaska
.
And, so it is with the girl above. She is like the girl of my dreams and then again she is not. So, what do I mean really you must be thinking? Well, first of all, even though they are both like real things in my life, they actually are not.
.
I do actually own a car that is just like the car above, except that it is blue, while the one above is grey. So, they are the same, while at the same time they are not. And, so it is with the girl. The girl who I like is just like the girl above. They live in the same place and they are similar in many ways, but they are different all the same. But, this is not really what I want to talk about today anyway, I am just teasing you with these relatively useless comparisons anyhow;
.
No, the real message here dear friends is that one of these things is just a material object, namely the car, while the other is a physical being or a human - a living breathing girl in fact. It may be no great surprise to learn that one day I will most likely fall out of love with my car. I do sell my cars from time to time you know and then simply move on to the next one. I can do that with a car because I have the flexibility to do so. I can be in love with my car one day and then not be in love with it the next day. I simply move on to the next car that I will love or learn to love.
.
But, things are not so simple with human beings and girls. You can't just fall out of love with a human being and then just go out and sell them and buy another one. Well, actually, I suppose you can and people do it all of the time. So, let me correct myself a bit here. People have a falling out as it were, or a divorce and the like. And, they simply move on and get married again or just re-organize themselves, so I guess in a way, if you get tired of another human being you can just dispose of them and then move on.
.
Friends, we are talking about Carl Baydala here. We are talking about me. This is the person who has had lots of cars and has been in love with most or all of them. But, eventually he replaces them and then moves on to his next vehicle that he loves just as much. But, he doesn't do the same thing with the girls that he loves dear friends and that is what separates him from the mob as it were. Carl Baydala does not view girls as disposable items; things to love one day and not the next. You have to look at the intrinsic beauty of a car versus the inherent beauty of a female to understand my point dear friends. Love is love, but it manifests itself in different ways and has different results and that is a function of the origin of the love I think. A car can produce a certain kind of love or attraction for you, but it is different than the love or emotion that a female can produce for you. I think I have just proven that to you by the way I treat my objects of love. One type of love is simply more enduring than the other so they must be different I think you would agree. So one type of love is the same, but at the same time it is different - different in the type of love that it produces for you. A human being is not a physical object in the sense that it only provides pleasure and nothing else; a car is limited in the kind and amount of pleasure that it can provide for its owner. But, a beautiful girl, even when she gets a bit rusty or otherwise not as youthful looking can remain attractive to the receiver of her beauty. And, that ability dear friends is related to the inherent quality of her beauty; it is simply a different kind of beauty and therefore it generates a different kind of love as I am sure you have come to realize by by now. So, there really is a difference in the beauty of a car and the beauty of a girl.
.
Just thought I would leave you with the above theme and I do not want to get too carried away with this thought right now. Actually, you know I wanted to tell you how wonderful the weather was here yesterday. The weather is hanging on nicely and the weather does not stop coming as it were. So, I just jumped into my car and took a trip down to White Rock. I went via the freeway or Highway 99 and just zoomed down to the Rock in the sunshine. I did not take my camera so no snaps. Sorry. It was a really great trip let me tell you. The Gulf of Georgia and the Gulf Islands looked great off to the west with a touch of darkness in the water because of the winds blowing over the waters. But, soon all good things must come to an end and it is back to work tomorrow. Back to my little working holiday as it were....
.
.
Still from 1968. Here is the song of the day..
.
.
5th Dimension - Stoned Soul Picnic
.
1968





.