Monday, June 29, 2009

The Golden Ears is a gift from the gods....

.
.
.
.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Monday June 29, 2009
.
.
Went for a spin yesterday in the later afternoon since it was so nice out - it was sunny and bright. I decided to go over the Golden Ears Bridge again. If you recall I told you about this bridge already. This is the one that connects the Port Kells area with Pitt Meadows on the other side of the Fraser River. I like driving over the fresh concrete and feeling the newness of the whole thing, everything is fresh and white. It is almost like buying a new car or something like that I suppose. I got my order in for my new transponder which I can use in my car and the work truck since they are rated the same. So, instead of paying over five dollars to cross the bridge one way the cost will be cut down to just over two dollars. That is a real saving as you can easily see. This new bridge will actually make me money so maybe that is why I like it so much. Not only will I will be able to get to the other side of the Fraser more quickly, but it will cost less gas and time in doing so. Plus, I will be able to do trips to Langley and Maple Ridge and still get the deliveries done on time. So, I will be able to make more money and save more money. Boy oh boy the courier gods really knew what they were doing when they built this bridge let me tell you.
.
Below are some more snaps of the bridge along with a picture of a McDonald's which is located in Port Kells. This is actually a new building for them as they moved from their old location in the same mall. This is one of the more friendlier restaurants in my opinion and I like going there. I go there all of the time on my job when I am in the territory and I went there yesterday as well. I had a coffee and a burger before I set out on my journey across the Fraser and the new bridge.
.



.

I decided to work for the next couple of days as it is the end of the month and it might be a little busier than usual. Actually, business has picked up a bit lately so that always boosts one's spirits a bit as you can imagine. In fact, I was driving steadily on the days that I worked last week. I think I racked up about 900 kilometres in just three days of work, so when you are putting on the K you are making dough. It is fun working on this job and the time goes quickly. I guess one of the reasons that I like the courier business so much is because it is very much like the carnival business. There is lots of travel giving me the feeling of escape and I get to meet a lot of interesting people. I also get the freedom to do what I want more or less, and to listen to music all day as well. I need this sense of freedom you know and the ability to work harder and to earn more too. The harder I work the more I make and that fits my personality to the tee.

.

Still lurking around the late sixties in the music department, so let's have a look. Remember, I told you that the happy songs of the early sixties are now history. Here is Elvis singing In the Ghetto in 1969. There are other more moody tunes from this time slot, but I guess what I am really saying is that the whole tenor of the times has changed.



.