Saturday, June 20, 2009

Birthdays, birds, and McDonald's to the rescue....

.


.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is June 20, 2009
.
.
.
.
.
Today is Glady's Birthday so let's all wish her a Happy 83rd Birthday. Gladys is my mother in case you did not know. That was item number one.
.
Item number two is my car above. I am very proud of my car you know. It is a smart looking car and I am very happy that I bought it. I hope that I can stay in love with it for a long time. But, in the same breath I should tell you that one day I will sell it and I will not shed any tears over the incident. And, that is because this car is simply a material object in my life. It is ego booster and no more. But, I love it all the same. However, all good things must come to an end and this relationship will be no different. Cars are different than girls which I explained to you in a previous entry so you might want to read about that if you get the time to do so.
.
The third item on the agenda this morning was an attack by a bird upon my property and how the McDonald's Corporation came to the rescue. Confused? Well, do not be dear friends because I will now detail for you the connection. Yesterday morning at exactly 9:38 AM I was sitting in my work vehicle standing by and reading. The window on the driver's side was rolled all the way down and my left arm was laying flat in a resting position on the top of this door. Earlier on I had stopped in at McDonald's, as is my habit of course, and I purchased an Egg McMuffin and a coffee. I was still drinking my coffee while reading my philosophy book that I carry with me. Suddenly I noticed that some fresh excrement landed right beside where my arm was positioned on the door. It was a gooey yellow and white substance and was confined to a very small area next to my arm. It was not a direct hit upon my person. So, that was the good news of course. Now, luckily I have on hand a good supply of napkins from McDonald's. The Company is generous in many ways and this is just another example. I keep the ones that I do not use for extras in my unit. As you can appreciate there is always a need for napkins in a vehicle, for either wiping one's face and hands or simply wiping down portions of the unit to keep it clean. Friends, once again we to need to give praise to the McDonald's Corporation for helping me get through the day. I e-mailed one of my workmates and informed him of the incident as soon as it happened. Well, friends let me tell you what he said. Now, this is the same fellow who praised McDonald's when they were supplying free coffee for us. You may recall the entry concerning this topic. Anyhow, not only was McDonald's supplying us with free coffee and free newspapers, free bathrooms, and a free place to sit and relax, but they were doing more. They were supplying us with free napkins by which we could fight our enemies and their tactics. Friends, I do not think I can make it any plainer than this - McDonald's is on the side of the courier on all fronts. What a wonderful companion to have during the course of the day. They are always there for you when you need them, supplying the free things that one needs to get through his working day. So, here is another great big thank you from me to you McDonald's and keep up the good work.
.
Finally, friends, this is a racing day out at Cloverdale. Post time is 16:00 for the races in New Jersey. Hope to see you there if you are popping into town.
.
Here are the Bee Gees
singing in 1973
.
1968 song
.