Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Death Train snaps, Michael Jackson and Elvis too....

.
.
.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Saturday June 27, 2009
.
.
Well, hopefully the weather will cheer up for the weekend. We have had a few days of rain now and the flowers and the grass seemed to have enjoyed the changes. Nobody that I talked to is complaining about the rain because everybody knows that we have been spoiled for a long time now with this great weather. And, it looks like the sun is going to return again for the weekend.
.
Below are the snaps that I took just after Michael Jackson passed on. My courier job took me to this train crossing right after he died. And, I had to wait for this lengthy train to pass. I am calling it Michael's death train and I think you can figure out why. I have not been stopped by a train at this location for a long time now, but this was a quite a timely stop as you can see. One of our customers is situated just beyond the tracks and it is always a big thrill for me to visit this particular customer because one of the girls who works here has the exact same last name as the girl of my dreams. So, hopefully you will be able to appreciate the significance of that as it affects me. Any person with the same last name as my favourite person in the whole wide world is a friend of mine let me assure you.
.
Anyway, take a look at the snaps of the train and see if you can see any Michael Jackson clues. Maybe there is something in the scribblings on the side of train that will let us know what Michael was thinking about at the time of his death. I know this might appear eerie for some readers, but it is really just a tribute to the pop star. I am not obsessed with death dear friends and it is only by accident that I had to stop for this train at this particular time. But, surely you will be able to appreciate the timing and significance of the event itself. Like I said earlier, I will most likely always think of Michael Jackson if I have to stop here in the future and wait for a train. Actually, another creepy thing happened yesterday on the job. On the post just before the last one where I highlighted a 1970 Michael Jackson song, I have the top song from 1969: Aquarius by the Fifth Dimension. I have not heard that song played for a long time on the radio, but I heard it yesterday, so just in case you are interested of course.
.
Today is another racing day friends so don't be afraid to pop into the track if you are in town. Post time is 1600 hrs for the racing in New Jersey. The song of the day is below the snaps and it is by Elvis Presley. And, by the way, I just thought of something else. There is a connection to the Presleys and the Jacksons now then isn't there? Why sure. Michael Jackson married a Presley girl. I almost forgot that you know.
.








.
Here is the song of the day for you. I was just checking things out in 1969 and I notice that the other King was still pumping out songs. Here is Elvis Presley singing Suspicious Mind in that year. Just as an aside here I remember working in the carnival business in the year that he died. It was in August 1977 that he died, during our annual fair here in Vancouver. My friend, who was an American from Seattle ran up and told me: " the king is dead. " That was August 16, 1977. Elvis died at 42 years of age. So, now you know what I was doing on that day.
.
Suspicious Mind - Elvis Presley
.
1969
.






.