Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson's death train....


.
.
.

.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Friday June 26, 2009
.
.
The roads were slick from the rain yesterday and I encountered more that one accident during the course of my working day. I was fairly busy and I was moving all day long. One of the few breaks that I got was having to stop and wait for a train to access the parking lot of one of our customers. Maybe the gods had me stop at that particular moment so as to contemplate the death of Michael Jackson. I had just heard on the radio that the pop star was dead.
.
I would not classify myself as a big Jackson fan, but I am sure there are lots of them out there. For me, the news was that another celebrity had passed on, and a relatively young personality at that since he was only fifty years old. But, he made his mark in the music world and elsewhere, and he was just, well, big news. All big celebrities, including singers are news when they die, and Michael Jackson is no exception.
.
Earlier in the day I was out in Chilliwack and I got the news that Farah Fawcett had passed on. I didn't know that another death would occur later on in the day. I just never gave the idea much thought actually. We all have to die I suppose and when you are a star of some kind, well your name gets mentioned in the media and that is one of the benefits of being some kind of a personality figure. I do not think that when Carl Baydala passes on that it will be front page news or hit the radio waves. But, then, one never knows does one? Perhaps I will have achieved some kind of fame or notoriety by the time my number is up.
.
Anyway, while I was waiting for this long train to pass I took a couple of snaps of the train as it inched by me. I have not downloaded these photos yet because I do not think there is anything of interest in them. But, there might be. So, maybe one day when I get around to loading them on to the computer I will take a close look at them and determine whether or not any of the images have some hidden message about these two celebrity deaths, Michael Jackson's in particular. When I stop for a train in the future at this location I will most likely remember Michael Jackson and his death because these trains will always be reminders of his death train on that day. .
.
Racing day tomorrow friends. Cloverdale racetrack that is. Live racing from the Meadowlands in the Great State of New Jersey that is what I am talking about. So, if you are popping into town and want to check things out you know where to find me. Post time is 1600 hrs local time.
.
Well, we certainly are in the territory now aren't we? The next year after 1969 is 1970 and that means I was twenty one years old when Michael Jackson and family was doing the following:
.
Jackson 5 - I'll Be There
.
1970
.
.