Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Lucky to be alive....

.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Wednesday June 3, 2009
.
.
I guess most of us do not think how lucky we are to be alive. In the first instance, there is the very idea of just how lucky we are to be alive within the context of being alive. Being alive is a stroke of luck and is dependent upon all of the workings of the universe and of the things contained within that universe. You and I are matter dear reader and somebody or something allowed us to be alive and to achieve consciousness. We were born out of luck and we live out of luck.
.
From the very moment of your birth the odds are working against your survival. The odds being the forces that would align themselves to cause your destruction and ultimate death of course. If it is not old age that will get you then it might be any number of events or circumstance that will do the job. And, you know precisely what I am talking about. It could be an accident, a form of cancer, or some crazed killer that will make your life come to an end. But, rest assured dear reader that your number will come up and that is the day that your consciousness will come to and end; all of your hopes and dreams and realities, whatever they may be or could have been will be gone forever. You will return to some other form and be no more.
.
And, that is why I think of the time when I was drowning as a very young child. I was swirling around in the cold waters of the Fraser River, being taken down by the forces of death only to be snatched up and saved by the forces of life. I would win a chance to live and to breath again. For just think dear reader, what would the consequences have been if I had died on that day as a young child; to live and to breath no more? Would my loss of life have made a difference to the world? Well, if you believe in the idea that anything and everything affects all then the answer is a resounding yes. Fate would be fate, but only under a different name. Yes, dear reader every life and every death is important. Nothing would be the same if something did not happen the way it did, or did not. For even if my life did not affect others by my mere presence or loss thereof, there would surely have been other consequences as well. I am not speaking of the conscious effects of my life presence, but rather of the idea that all matter in whatever form would most assuredly be involved in one kind of change or another. It may be miniscule and almost incomprehensible, but the effect would be the same - it would trigger a result. Think of the feather landing in the far reaches of the Pacific Ocean and the results of that action causing some aspect of weather to occur. Everything affects all and you can count on that.
.
So, to close the thought for the day dear reader, rest assured that your life is important, if not to yourself, but to others as well. Your presence will affect the lives of others in ways not even imaginable. To be conscious and to be able to communicate is only further evidence of the effect that you can have on others, but it is only one effect of many as I am sure you are now aware. Therefore, when you die do not think of it as the end of your presence and your effect, but only that you will contributing in some other form and at some other time, unkown to yourself and to others. Be confident that you will never die as a consequence of death. For matter is matter and that is the mystery of the universe. If something never dies then it is surely always lives.
.
Here is the song of the day. I want to stick with 1966 for the moment because as I stated in the last couple of days I am doing a piece on my teenage years in 1967 so I do not want to jump the gun, as it were. I am mostly seventeen years old in 1966. So, here is the song of the day for you:
.
guantanamera- sandpipers
.
1966



.
.
.