Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What would Jesus do?....

.
.

.

Good Morning Friends,

.

.

today is June 9, 2009

.

Above is a picture of a pest. Have you ever been called a pest? Well, I have and it was not a very pleasant experience when it happened let me tell you. In fact, I was called a pest by someone that I really liked so you can appreciate just how hurt I was. So, why even bother talking about something like that you may enquire? The only reason that I am taking about it is because it is on my mind that is why.

.

So, you see you don't really know what you are like in someone else's eyes unless they tell what you are like in their eyes. I am likened to a pest in someone else's eyes and that is just the way things are. I was only called a pest once in my life and never again. Just once. But, once was enough to let me know how one person actually felt about me.

.

Being called a pest was a reaction to my behavior; it was somebody's reaction to my presence and to my very being. And, I am never going to forget the incident either. It was not a pleasant experience at all. But, it happened and there is nothing that I can do to alter the fact that it happened.

.

What is the lesson then from being called a pest by someone that you like? I suppose it is the same kind of feeling that a mother or father feels when their children call them names or otherwise indicate some element of disrespect or the like. It must be a horrible feeling for a parent to know that their children do not love or even like them. What a blow that must be for them.

.

I suppose it is the same kind of feeling that Jesus Christ himself must feel when people do not love or appreciate Him and what he is trying to accomplish. The love that He is offering is not being reciprocated and it must be a real devastating experience for Him. But, Jesus is the Son of God and represents God Himself you may retort. And, that is surely the case I would acknowledge. So, what would Jesus do if He experienced the kind of thing that I experienced? What if one of His flock or disciples called Him a pest? What would Jesus do?

.

Friends, not only was Jesus the Son of God, but He was a man as well. I think that is all that we have to know. If Jesus was called a pest or even slapped by a woman let's say he would do exactly the same thing. He would be a man and let it pass. He would not exact a violence upon the person who harmed and hurt Him. No not at all. And, it was the very same thing when they crucified Him as well. For that was Jesus' job to suffer: that was his job description and His mission. Jesus was a teacher and a man. And, that is why I think of Jesus Christ when somebody calls me a pest - somebody that I like that is.

.

Friends, two wrongs do not make a right. It is simple matter of survival. And, that is the further message of someone like Jesus Christ; it is a survival message. For just think about it. If everyone responded by striking out at their enemies then what would happen? There would be no one left in the world that is what would happen. So, it is just plain common sense to the turn your cheek the other way sometimes. You will not accomplish anything anyway be exacting a retribution. A reprisal is actually a form of weakness you know; it shows that you are believing in the tactics of the one who first insulted or hurt you; you are lowering yourself to their level and becoming their equal. But, the point dear friends is to rise above ignorance and wrong doing and even hurt itself. It is called being a man and sometimes that is not an easy thing to accomplish, but it can be done.

.

And, what did Jesus say?

Luke 23:34
Then Jesus said, "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do".

.

Time to move on friends. For there are always happier things to consider as I am sure you are aware. That is why God created music; it soothes the soul and that is why we are all in love with music. We need our souls to be happy and not sad. It is like being cleansed with water. Yes, dear friends I think that is the very function of music itself; it is a cleanser of the soul; it is the thing that lifts your spirits up and makes you appreciate the finer things in life, things like knowing that it is better to be happy than sad and that good always prevails over evil. It has to be that way as a matter of common sense. Do you not agree?

.

Still on the theme of 1967 friends since we have not moved on yet. But, we will eventually of course. One of my favourites in 1967 below.

.

The Monkees - Daydream Believer

1967







.