Sunday, June 28, 2009

Some thoughts on winning and dying..

.

.


.

.

Good Morning Friends,

.
today is Sunday June 28, 2009
.

.Just thought I would start off by doing a little bragging. My harness racing triactor system performed for me last night at the Meadowlands Racetrack in New Jersey. I won two triactors at the session and one of them paid over eleven hundred dollars for a two dollar bet. If Karen was with me I could have bought here a lovely present, or a decent meal and some drinks anyhow. She wasn't so I am just going to have to pretend to buy her something. See link for this idea here: The Karen Lenihan Fan Club And, here is the link to the payoffs. See race number two for the top three finishers in the race. ( 4-2-5 )

.


.

I won half of the prize because I was betting a dollar, which is my standard bet. I was employing my main wagering system which is a $ 14 dollar bet. It is a combination of bets that that involves utilizing the top five picks in the race according to my handicapping methods. My fourth pick actually won the race. For example, let us say that I picked horses 1 -2-3-4-5 as my top picks out of a ten horse field in a race. This means that I will only make bets using these five horses and no others. Horses 6 through 10 are not considered to be worthy of betting according to my standards. In my particular win last night the number 4 horse actually ( and in fact was horse number 4 ) won the race, but the critical thing by my system is that my first and second rated horses came in second and third, respectively. And, they do in fact, have to be in the money. These are crucial horses in the system - my first and second selections. In the actual race last night the number four horse did win the race and numbers 2 and 5 came in second and third. ( my first and second horse according to my system ) The horses that won form part of my winning betting patterns. You can read about my harness racing triactor sytem in the main part of my blog. Just look at my Home Page and Blog Organization for the links. See link here: My Home Page .Scroll down to my Harness Racing Triactor System.

.

So, I am just starting to think that this win might qualify as one of my Bold Predictions that I made at the beginning of the year. See link to Bold Predictions here: Happy New Year 2009 I might not get another good triactor win like that for the remainder of the year, and then again I might. Therefore, all of my Bold Predictions are coming to pass. The big one yet to come is the one involving marriage. And, I am confirming to you dear reader that this event will take place, you just might be a little surprised as to its true nature when the event actually takes place.

.

Anyhow, I think it would be worthwhile to take a deep breath at this point and realize just how lucky all of us are to be alive. Remember, Michael Jackson is only a couple of days gone and is with us no more. And, that is the lesson of life now isn't it? That life is just a bunch of luck and numbers and that kind of thing. That is why I like winning at the racetrack, because in a way the racing gods have determined that my number has come up. For when I win I have no control over the situation just as in the nature of death. When your number comes up you will not even be expecting it. It will be a big surprise just like winning a good sized triactor at the racetrack. It will be unexpected and totally out of your control. So, I guess the message is to just keep plugging along and wait for the next big surprise in your life. Actually, there is no real sense in waiting for it because you do not know when it will happen. And, I think that is one of the best parts of life actually, that it can do what it wants and when it wants. It is all just luck and odds dear friends. Death is not a real mystery you know, for it is just an event that is couched in the context of the odds. The odds will always win just like the chances of you winning something decent at the racetrack. You don't actually have to have a system to win something big you know. Why? Because racing is just a bunch of numbers. If you just play numbers, for example, and the same numbers, I mean, you will eventually win something, and something of value eventually because that is the way luck is organized - it is just all odds and these operate within the context of time. That is why time is so important to the odds of winning and of dying as well. Time takes cares of these little details for us.

.

I am still hovering around the late sixties and early seventies in the music department. I will not be able to get untracked of course until I do a post over on the main part of my blog concerning the event of my life during that time period. And, well, I am just not there yet. ..I guess I was a pretty decent Neil Diamond fan, so here is one of his songs from 1969
.
Neil Diamond-Sweet Caroline
.
1969
.