Thursday, June 25, 2009

Raindrops, pretty ladies and other things....

.
.

.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Thursday June 25, 2009
.
.
It was kind of drizzly on the job yesterday. Well, maybe not drizzly exactly, but it was on and off showers anyway, sometimes heavy and sometimes not. It was much needed rain for the area that is for sure. And, better to get the rain out of the way before the weekend anyway. While I was discussing the weather with the receptionists that I encountered throughout the day not one of them criticized the rain drops; everybody agreed that the moisture was a welcome thing.
.
I meet a lot receptionists during the course of my employment you know. In fact, this is most likely the best part of my job right now, bumping into all of the ladies that is. There are a lot of great looking women out there let me tell you and on my job I get to meet a lot of them. I like joking with them or just engaging in conversations some time. You know, like taking little polls and getting their opinions on things. I remember one time, and I think I mentioned it before that most of these women were just lucky to have a job. I remember saying something about working on Mondays. I personally have problems with Mondays, you know the first day on the job after the weekend and how hard it is to get back into the grind. I think I mentioned this idea to numerous ladies on the front desk one day, and almost without exception they explained that they were happy to have a job, although some may have agreed with me on the general sentiment of the question.
.
Anyhow, just thought I would mention the ladies in passing since, as I say above, bumping into the girls while on the job makes my day a lot more fun and relaxing. Just one pretty face and a good conversation can take away a lot of pain generated from a bad road experience. So, I guess just a great big thank you for all of the ladies on the front lines.
.
I am thinking of registering for the new Golden Ears Bridge. If you register and get a transponder then the cost of going over the bridge is really cut down. It will be an automated system that involves some kind of a scan of your license plates as you go over the bridge. It is really a good bridge and saves a lot of time and hassle for the courier.I have not heard one bad thing about this bridge from anybody and that includes the idea of paying to use it. So, it looks like a real winner according to the majority of people.
.
Just a further reminder friends that Saturday is coming up again and that means harness racing. So, if you are popping into town don't be afraid to wander in and check things out. Post time is 16:00 local time for the racing in New Jersey.
.
I haven't moved on yet in the main part of my blog. I have a lot of ground to cover you know. I am just about to enter university in 1968 so I will have to say something about that of course. And, something that I have not done is to spend any real time at all explaining just what the carnival business is and how it affected me. And, then there are the philosophical themes that I am interested in as well. So, as you can see I have a lot of work to do over there, so I am not stuck for content and things to talk about. ...But, these songs from 1968 are not overly exciting me if you want the truth of the matter. I think it would be OK if I snuck a peek at 1969 and see if I can remember some of the songs. Hope you guys do not mind too much. I would have been mostly 20 years old in that year, meaning not a teenager anymore. God, it is kind of creepy thinking about being twenty again. It just seems so young compared to right now, almost like a baby.
.
Here is what I am talking about friends. The top song in 1969 is Aquarius by the Fifth Dimension. I do not like music like this as I consider it to be unhappy, not like the spunky love songs of the early sixties. Remember, in the early sixties even the sad songs were happy ones. Times have changed now and it is showing up in the music. Maybe you will like Aquarius and think it is a happy song, but it did nothing for me and my personality.
.
The 5th Dimension
Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In
.
1969
.