Friday, June 19, 2009

How bold are my predictions?....

.
.
.

.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Friday June 19, 2009
.
.
Last day on the job friends and then four days off again. Life is sure great isn't it? Anyhow, just thought I would take another look at my Bold Predictions for 2009 that I posted over on the main part of my blog at the beginning of the year. Here is the list here as posted on January 1, 2009:
.
.
Carl Baydala's
Bold Predictions for 2009
.
.
Prediction # 1.
.
Carl Baydala will live until his 60th Birthday;
.
Prediction # 2.
.
George Bush really will leave the White House;
.
Prediction # 3
.
Barack Obama will shock the world with one of his policies;
.
Prediction # 4
.
Gladys Baydala will live to enjoy her 83rd Birthday;
.
Prediction # 5
.
Carl Baydala will not completely retire in 2009;
.
Prediction # 6
.
Carl Baydala will win a sizable win with his triactor betting system at the Meadowlands Racetrack in New Jersey;
.
Prediction # 7
.
Iran will survive another year of harassment by Israel and the U.S.;
.
Prediction # 8
.
The Toronto Stock Exchange will gain at least 5% by the end of the year;
.
Prediction # 9
.
Carl Baydala will ask Karen Lenihan to get married once again;
.
Prediction # 10
.
Carl Baydala will get married for the first time at the age of 60; it will be a marriage made in heaven and be sanctioned by the gods.
.
.
Well, there is the list for what it is dear friends. Now, I think you have to realize that predicting the future is really just wishful thinking. For me, that it is what it is anyway and it might even be a mugs game too. The reason I am posting this list for you now is because tomorrow is Glady's birthday. She will be 83 years old. ( Prediction number 4 ) So, that would be another prediction come true of course. Prediction number 9 is also being fulfilled because I have a marriage proposal in progress for Karen. Predictions 1 and 2 have also happened and they did not have to you know. Prediction number 5 is also being fulfilled as I am still working just part time. I am starting to get a little worried about Prediction number 6 however, as the track is not all that great this year. Sure, I am winning my share of triactors, but they are not big payoffs to date, but there is still a couple of months left in the meet so we will have to keep hoping. Prediction number 7 is a real test of course because Iran is being harassed once again through the media scrutiny of its election. That is the power of the U.S. media of course. I am not expecting big things out of the stock market, but it looks like my prediction has some merit in this regard as well. ( Prediction number 8 ). And, finally I am predicting that I will get married this year. Friends, I can guarantee that this will happen. It just might not be the kind of wedding that you would expect, but it will be a kind of a wedding of course. If Karen accepts my proposal that would be the best outcome, but I certainly am not going to hold my breath that she will take advantage of my current offer. I would be thrilled if she did of course. But, in the end it is the love gods who are totally in charge of these things anyway. We await their decision in this regard.
.
Anyhow, tomorrow is a racing day once again so don't be afraid to make an appearance if you are popping into town or whatever. Post time is 16:00 for the races in New Jersey.
.
I watched a couple more interviews with Ayn Rand and I really am not impressed with her at all you know. Her real is name is Alice Rosenbaum or something like that. She strikes me as a typical atheist, which is perfectly fine. I am an atheist so naturally I would be attracted to her beliefs in this regard. But, in listening to her I was actually not that impressed with her views on individualism and the negative effects of altruism ( her beliefs ) and the like. She seems to think that the philosopher Emmanuel Kant is the cause of all of our problems since his ideas of morality would involve helping out others just for the sake of helping others. Ayn Rand thinks this whole philosophy is bad and that is why America is doomed, because of altruism and the failure of society to provide for the needs of the gifted. She even states at one point that it is the conservatives who will actually destroy America and not the liberals. I think she is a very dangerous personality actually. And, she is being trotted out into the public view just as Iran was taking matter into its own hands. ( Carter presidency ) She demonizes the Arabs you know and thinks that the oil belongs to the U.S. because they invented the technology to get it out and also because of their contracts with the Arab states. So, that is why I think she is a dangerous figure to be highlighting at this time. Just my opinion of course and you should already know what my views are in this regard. Well, if you did not you should have an idea now. She is dangerous because she espousing the benefits of rugged individualism and that is fodder for the capitalists and the globalists. Allan Greenspan is one of her fans so I think that adds to my case quite profoundly. I hope you guys understand what I am talking about and that I am not wasting my time on this topic. You can watch and listen to Ayn Rand below in this interview with Tom Snyder. This is part two of a three part interview:
.



.
.
Still messing around with 1968 as we have not really moved on yet dear friends.
.
.
The Turtles - Elenore
.
1968
..




. .