Sunday, June 14, 2009

Horse racing and girls....

.
.
.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Sunday June 14, 2009
.
.
Actually, my title this morning is a little misleading if you want the truth of the matter. Misleading because I do not want to talk about just horse racing and just girls, but rather, harness racing in particular and one specific girl. So, I think it is better if we do some necessary focusing right off the bat.
.
My harness racing triactor system was essentially working yesterday and that was in spite of the off-track conditions. It works the best on a fast track and with high quality horses. That is just the kind of a system it really is. But, all was for naught anyway even though I won four triactors. The payoffs for my wins were not strong enough to overcome the amount of money that I had wagered. That means that even though my system was working I did not end up with any kind of profit. The only consolation prize I suppose is that I get to tell everyone that the system was working. But, you being as astute as I dear reader know that that is just not good enough when you are playing for keeps and enjoy winning rather than losing.
.
And, that leads me into my second topic this morning which is about a girl. Like I said above I am not just talking about any old girl, but rather, one is particular. This is the very same girl that I just made a marriage proposal to over on the main part of my blog. In a way she is still seventeen years old you know and she has been that way since 1983. And, that is probably the very reason why am still crazy about her - she hasn't changed a bit. How many other guys can be this lucky? To be in love with a seventeen year old girl who remains just like she was when she was at her prettiest? Think about it. That is how lucky I really am you know. I get to be in love with a seventeen year old girl for the rest of my life. It doesn't get any better than that my friends let me tell you.
.
Anyhow, as you probably suspect there is a connection between my harness racing activities and this particular girl. There always is a connection of course when you are dealing with things like a personality and how a person thinks and acts you know. Like, for example in harness racing, I have a system and I like to think it is pretty good because it is based on past performance and its ability to pick winning horses based on how they perform, and perform against one another as a group. It is simply a logical construction that I have devised over the years. Now, I enjoy harness racing for its entertainment value as well as its economic rewards as you might expect. And, so it is with the girl. The girl is a challenge for me and I guess that is what makes the whole thing so interesting. I am trying to win her just like I am attempting to win at the track. This is my personality at work you know. I like winning and I do not like losing. And, just as I have liked racing since 1983, well, I have liked the same girl for the same period of time. Now, it is pretty tough I think you would agree to try and put some kind of a system together just to win a girl, but it is something that I would most likely do, just because my personality would tell me to do something like that. My personality is one that does not quit - I am not a quitter and that is just the way I am - I do not like losing. And, that is why I develop systems to try and figure things out - and to win. And, that is why I keep devising things to try and win the girl of my dreams. It is just my imagination and my desire to get something that I enjoy being with. So, just like when I am at the racetrack and I lose - well, actually I am still enjoying a sort of winning even though I am losing. I am experiencing the entertainment value of the whole thing; that is my consolation prize if you will. And, so it is with the girl. Even though I am not really winning her as it were, I am still enjoying her; I get to stay in love with her and that is quite a consolation prize don't you think? Well, I do even if you do not. Like, I said I have devised a system whereby I get to stay in love with a seventeen year old for the rest of my life. And, I think that makes me a winner.
.
Still looking at the top songs from 1968. Here is a list:
.
.
.
.
As I stated earlier in one of my missives, the songs of this 1968 period were not happy ones in my opinion. Just look at the top pick in the top 100 songs above. Hey Jude by the Beatles was on top. I did not like most of the Beatle's music and a song like Hey Jude would not be a turn on for me at all. I would just have to endure it because it was being played all of the time. And so it with the song below. It is not a happy song I do not think even though it has a snappy little beat to it. These are just different times I think and music has a great effect on people; almost like influencing their personality in a way.
.
.
Those were the days by Mary Hopkin
.
1968





.