Sunday, May 31, 2009

Explaining yourself....

.

.

Good Morning Friends,

.

.

today is Sunday May 31, 2009

.

.

I was just thinking about being focused on something and the relationship of that concentration to being able to express one's self in a satisfactory manner. What I mean is, I don't think that you can really get your message across, in any kind of attempt at expression unless you know and believe in your subject matter.

.I am thinking, for example, of writing a short play or essay or just about anything involving expression. You simply have to be thinking about the topic you are interested in. You have to be dedicated to the task and be totally committed to the success of that task as well. I guess this idea could apply to human relations as well, but that is a topic for a different day of course. Here is an example for you so you know what I am talking about. Let us say that I woke up from a dream and I wanted to tell you about that dream the best way that I could. To do that I would have to have a good recall of that dream. Hopefully, it was a good dream in the sense that it was still fresh in my mind. I would want to give a good account of that dream and I would want to be as detailed as possible so as to let my reader know what was occuring in my mind. And, so it is with any topic that you sit down and write about. You have to be in love with your topic and have complete mastery over its content. And, I think that is the way you go about getting your readers interested in your content and your ideas. Because if you are knowledgeable and in love with your material then what you are saying will have a better chance of being understood by your reader. Your thoughts and emotions should come alive in your prose. And, the more involved you are with your subject matter then the more your audience will appreciate what you are doing and they will be more able to accept you as a disseminator of information and one who is adept and believable as a transmitter of that information.
.
Friends, I suppose what I am saying is that you have to believe and you have to know what you are talking about. And, the more you focus and organize your thoughts in a coherent and explanatory way then the more successful you will be as a provider of content and ideas. Now, I hope I am not pushing the envelope too far here, but maybe these thoughts can be applied to human relationships as well. For example, if you really like somebody or some thing then your emotions and thoughts will most likely show up in your actions and thoughts as well. People will be able to understand and accept you if you communicate to them your true thoughts and feeling. You will be more successful if you are in love and in touch with your subject matter to put it plainly. I think people always appreciate honesty and forthrightness actually. And, if you are in tune, with your thoughts and emotions, through expression, then you are more likely to succeed with your subject audience. And, maybe this idea can be applied to the singing and composition of songs as well. Who knows?
.
Well, just something to think anyway. I hope I did not wander too far off from my topic idea, but even if I did, well, that is my character to do so. Anyhow, thanks for reading and have a nice day. And, what a string of beautiful days they are let me tell you.

.

Now, what kind of mood am I really in today? Well, for my song of the day here is something from my teenage years. Let's go back to 1964 again. I was fifteen years old at this time. This was the year of the British invasion and as I explained to you in the past I was not a huge fan of this invasion. Maybe because I was reacting to the dramatic change that was occuring; I was still living in the past and hanging on to the love songs so to speak. And, besides I am a rebel and I like to be independent of thought and action. But, there were some songs that I would accept because they did not turn me the wrong way. Remember, the Beatles were huge now and their hits were on the top of the charts. Check out the top 100 songs in 1964:

.
.
Anyway here is a song by Peter and Gordon that you might like. It would not be one of my favourites from 1964, but would represent a compromise for me; living with the British invasion and what they had to offer:
.
A world without love - Peter and Gordon
.
1964
.




.
.



.