Monday, November 16, 2009

Reaching back into my youth....


.
.

.

Good Morning Friends,

.

today is Monday November 16, 2009

.

Vancouver, B.C. Webcams

.

.Not much to report this morning actually. It is supposed to really rain so maybe there will be some flooding in the low lying areas. This is the optimum time for something like that to occur. There are numerous areas in the Lower Mainland Region that are at risk. It could be the mountain streams on the North Shore or even the low lying areas here in Surrey. I remember it was only a couple of years or so ago that the fields just below Mission in the north Abbotsford area were completely submerged. So, this is the time of year when all hell breaks loose, so to speak. And, we usually get a power outage or two because of strong winds as well.

.

The picture above is me back in the spring of 2008. I was still getting used to my car and I was still enjoying the pride of new ownership. This car is really very pretty at times and a joy to own. I am sure glad I bought it let me tell you. The best of times for me with this car is just cruising and listening to tunes. One of the best times to drive the car is in the early morning with the top down. In the summer months I mean. That is really great for it is not too hot out and you can feel the breeze and the morning air. The music even seems more sweet too. So, all in all this car is a real nature trip for me; it just makes me enjoy life that is all. My friend at work thinks it is just my last shot at youth. Well, maybe he has something there. I decided to buy the car because I never owned a sports car before. I remember going to high school and university. People had better things than me. I owned a motorcycle for the longest time because that is all that I could afford. There were always those with better things than me. This does not mean that I did enjoy what I had because I did. Maybe this car is just taking me back to my youth and the things that I never had. I was sure happy when I bought it let me tell you. And, it was in the middle of December too. It was sleety and borderline snow the night I picked it up and drove it home. So, I guess that is the real message. Carl wanted his brand new toy no matter what - and he got it.

.