Saturday, November 21, 2009

The end of a slow week....


.
.



.

Above picture. Looking south

one block away from the

City of Surrey Complex

.

.

Good Morning Friends,

.

.

today is Saturday November 21, 2009

.

.

Another dismal three day work week friends and thank God the whole thing is over. Now I have four days off in which to lick my wounds. That is wounds from not making any dough just in case we are not all on the same page here. But, I suspect that most of my readers know what I am talking about of course. It does feel very dim indeed at work. Like, where have all of the customers gone? Such a change from last year, when there was still some pretty good money around. But, now it looks as if we are in the midst of something brand new again. Oh well. Maybe the racing coming up in December will cheer me up a bit. We shall see what we shall see.

.

The weather is still very cool and very windy and rainy as well. And, last night around 18:00 hrs or so there was a big lighting storm too, and also fork lightening, you know, the dangerous kind. And, there was a big blast of hail associated with the incoming turbulence as well. Some parts of the road were covered in the stuff, looking like fresh whtie stucco scattered about. It was quite slippery going down the hills and I certainly was paying very close attention to the details let me assure you. So, that was our first big scare for winter, I suppose. But, then that is what nature does - it excites us and keeps reminding us who is really in charge. Well, that is my take on the subject anyway. Not much else to report friends so talk to you all later. If you are popping into town from out of town you know how to get hold of me.

.

Below are a couple more snaps from yesterday. The first two are in Richmond and the last one is in White Rock.