Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What kind of a politician would I be?

.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Tuesday July 21, 2009
.
.
I was just thinking about politicians and what kind of people they are. The bottom line, I suppose, is that the majority of them are a self-serving group and the politics that they practice only reveals their personalities to us anyway. And, what is the game of politics anyway except identifying the power that everyone has and then using this to your advantage. I like politics though because it just seems like somewhere where I would like to be. The whole idea of the thing fits my personality remarkably well.
.
But, my politics, however, might be a different kind of politics than most. I am actually quite an idealist you know and I don't like what I see going on all of the time. Politics in the States and in Canada is really a game that is played for the benefit of those who are in a position to benefit from what a politician does and the laws that he is able to create. That is the negative part of politics in my opinion and the part that gives the craft a bad name. And, this is especially so in the U.S. where politicians seem to answer to those who are willing to pay the most for their services. And, that is why there is really not much democracy going on in the States at all. That is my interpretation of things at any rate. It is the people with money who seem to get what they want. Of course that does not say much for the quality of the politician now does it?
.
As an idealist politician ( and that is what I would be ) I would be basically bucking the system more or less. I wouldn't actually be much of a politician in the modern sense ( primarily seeking monetary gain ) if I did not ally myself with those who would benefit me the most and take advantage of any given situation. In the United States example, I would end up being like Dennis Kucinich or Ralph Nader or anyone else who simply wants to make the system work for the guy who is not receiving much of the system. So, I guess I would not be a successful politician in the sense of being monetarily successful. But, I would be sticking to my guns and I would be doing what I think is the right thing to do. And, if you examine my life as I am doing in my blog you will uncover my personality and figure out just what kind of a politician I would be and what kind of a person I am based on my performance.
.
Here is another video that I took on Saturday night after the races. I uploaded it to Blogger just to test things out. Many of these videos of mine don't make the video uploading process and that is why I upload them on You Tube first and then simply copy the code and imbed it in my blog. But, Blogger produces a more clear picture so I prefer to try it out there first before succumbing and relying on You Tube. Anyway, the one below worked and here it is.
.




.