Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Chilliwack River in the heat of the day....

.
.
.

.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Thursday July 30, 2009
.
.
Just today and tomorrow and then I am off again. Don't forget: racing on Saturday at the Meadowlands in New Jersey. So, if Karen or any other important person is popping into town then don't be afraid to show up or just phone me for a ride and I will come and pick you up. Post time is 16:00 local time.
.
The weather is still very hot and I was sweating all day long in the unit serving the customer. I made it out to Chilliwack and the Chilliwack River. In fact, I had a delivery going to the exact same place as the one I mentioned on the main part of my blog some months ago. You may recall that entry if you are a frequent reader of my blog. Anyhow, I couldn't resist stopping by the River and checking things out and taking a video with my camera. It was just so peaceful there watching that fast flowing River in the heat of the day. It was about 5 PM or something like that and I took a couple of videos of the River. Quite a few of the locals were in the River just enjoying nature and the coolness of the water. Many of them were farther down stream near the road that goes to Cultus Lake. There was a man and woman just off to the right of where I was taking my shots. I certainly did not want to invade their privacy so you will not see them of course. They were sitting in chairs right in the middle of the water just next to the bank. I guess, whatever it takes to cool down. It was really hot and the cold water of the River would certainly fit the bill. Here are just a couple of the videos that I took yesterday.
.


.