Saturday, July 25, 2009

Hot weather coming and Meadowlands going....

.
.
.
Good Morning Friends,
.
.
today is Saturday July 25, 2009
.
.
Well, the weather snapped back nicely from the break that occurred on Thursday. And, I can assure you that no one that I talked to was complaining about the respite. Everyone knows what great weather we are having and appreciated that a little break is not such a bad thing at all. It is supposed to be getting even hotter so I guess it is time to batten down the hatches so to speak. Here is a link to some local weather webcams and the weather forecast:
.
.
.
.
Not too many racing days left so I will have to try and make the best of them of course. Not that I do not do that anyway, but it bears worth repeating I suppose. I hope Karen and anybody else that might be interested finds time to pop in and check things out before they shut down there in New Jersey. So, once again dear Karen et al, don't be afraid to contact me if you are in the territory and need a ride. Here is a link to the schedule of the racing at the Meadowlands. Maybe keep this schedule handy if you are even remotely thinking of making an appearance.
.
.
.
.
Well, I do not have too much else to say at this point. I have to start getting ready for the hot weather and maybe wash up the unit before I go. Haven't washed her in quite a while actually so this might be a good time to do that. I have my camcorder all set up and ready to go so maybe I can get some action shots for you with the Miata. I don't have anything set up for the truck at this time and I have to do things on the fly so to speak. Still working on the dash and how to mount the camera there.
.
I don't know what happened to that video with Skeeter Davis; the thing was removed for some kind of a use violation. I really don't know what that means actually. And, it is weird anyway because there are other videos still available ( in some cases ) playing the same song. So, why penalize one and not the other? I don't understand how these things work actually. Let's see if I can find another video with Skeeter and this song..... Well, I couldn't find what I was looking for, but here is another song by Skeeter:
.
.
Skeeter Davis -
Gonna Get Along Without You Now
.



.